1 Chronicles 4:9
Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.
Jabez made the perfect requests of God. He asked for more. And not only did he ask for more, he asked to be happy with the more he was blessed with, in God's will. Because even though you ask for something, it may not be in God's will. That's not saying that you will never get blessed, because you will.... You just have to be happy with the blessing you receive. Every human experience just is not for everybody.
I've often found myself feeling guilty for wanting more out of life. I got the salary, but I still don't have the husband and find myself disappointed. Why are you still asking for more Fal? You should be happy with what you have. I am, but there is still more that I desire. And that's okay.
We all oftentimes find ourselves wondering why it seems like others have been blessed more than we have. Well, just like Jabez was born out of pain, a lot of times we don't see the behind the scenes and pain others had to endure in order to get their blessings. No one has lived the perfect life, and despite what it looks like on Facebook, everyone has faced some form of heartbreak, or setback or challenge in life before they made it. And accordingly, sometimes it takes great pain to experience extreme pleasure and blessings in life. I've had my share of down times. I should definitely be more than confident that every blessing God has for me is still out there for my claiming. We just have to keep striving....
Live righteously, keep praying, and keep waiting. If it is in God's will for your life, it is on it's way. I just pray that I have the ability to be happy with whatever it is I'm blessed with.
We just need to keep asking for more. It's not selfish, or ungrateful to desire to live your best life possible. The wait is the hardest part, but that's where faith comes into play.
After church I had no choice but to smile for the rest of my rainy Sunday. I genuinely needed to receive that word.....
The work week is halfway over, and as I'm sitting here looking at the dreariness outside my window, I can't help but think about the more that is out there for me.
We've been talking about trips all morning in our group chat... Now the only thing I need to work on is the more money I'll need to save up to take those trips, but that's a story for another day....
I can genuinely say that I'm happy with the "more."

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I can see your praise hands in my email or else I would've been like why u commenting with boxes gal!!
DeleteLol @ the above!!! I've been following your journey for quite a while ( yup, I stay lurking around your page) and I am always blessed by your posts and life journeys... Even when you feel life trying to get you down, you find the positive in it all. You manage to chose HAPPINESS and you remain faithful to gods promises... Consequently, I believe that your "MORE" will become ever present (hopefully sooner than later) Stay Faith-FAL my friend!
ReplyDeleteXo
Awwww thank you so that means sooooo much to me!!!
DeleteYou know I love that you wrote this post. Sometimes I feel guilty for wanting more lately. But if it is for me then God would give it to me. I sometimes think that we often feel that we have to be content and not ask for more, but as much as we are to be content God also says, Ask and you will receive. Thanks for this post!
ReplyDeleteI feel like contentment is a subject all in itself. Because we could be content with so little, but then in essence are we selling ourselves short?
DeleteLovely post, Fal! God wants us to have the best. I mean he said he is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think. What about that says less? He wants us to have dreams and visions to see things and have faith to believe them into our lives here on earth. He actually wants us to experience Heaven here on earth and not wait to get there to have all that He has in store for us! More is good. Contentment is good as well. The key is following His will for you, because He never disappoints - you may think well maybe He doesn't want that for me - but it could be that it's not the right timing or he needs you to get a better understanding on something before you get it! He really does love you and I am happy that you are basking in the "more". Great post, love!
ReplyDeleteAmen and thanks girl!!!! I'm all about the more!
DeleteAsk and you shall receive indeed...i say it's never too late to ask for the biggest things in life!!
ReplyDeleteAmen!
Deleteyou included some of my favorite verses! stay prayerful and faithful girl! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou too Chica!
DeleteYour posts always seem to resonate with me -- but this particular post, I just have to grab a few lines and bring them to the office with me. This is my current state. I know exactly what I want and right now, I'm going through a lot to get there. When you have the courage to ask for what you want, you have to have the willpower, the determination, the strength and the discipline to put in the work. Faith without works is d-e-a-d.
ReplyDeleteI needed this. I really did. Thank you for this reminder.
Amen. And everything we want will be ours! Yes indeed!
Delete