When I heard that she would be in Houston during Memorial Day weekend I jumped at the opportunity to see her. Although my Memorial Day weekend went nothing like I originally planned, seeing her in concert was enough to make up for my lackluster three day holiday.
Although the show started an hour late, it was well worth it. Her opening was alright.... Although he talked entirely too much, he did sound amazing during the moments he stopped talking and actually sang...
By the time she finally came out we were all pretty restless and getting sleepy.... She sang so many hits, both new & old, but in all honesty my night was made when she sang my favorite song of hers...
Your energy
Feels so damn good to me
It picks me up don't wanna come down.....
Anytime you see Erykah Badu in concert you must dress accordingly. I knew I wanted to wear something simple, yet still unique. In my head, I said WWSW ~ What Would Solange Wear~ and poof there goes my outfit.
I usually don't mix patterns this blatantly, but I felt like this combination was the perfect fit to see Erykah Badu in concert.
Anyways, once I got antibiotics in my system my attitude improve tremendously. I got a lot of rest, I watched a lot of Disney Channel, but most important of all: I finally saw Erykah Badu in concert.




I absolutely LOVE your outfit! That is definitely something Solange would wear. Her style is so unique and perfect. You make me want to go and mix some prints. LOL!
ReplyDeleteWhy don't exciting and cultural things like this happen in Baton Rouge? Ugh! Or, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
Thanks girlie! Do you ever go to Boil & Roux? I think thats what it is called, but it seems like they have events there.. Also I used to go to a spot where they did poetry and art shows. I'm old so I don't even know if that place is still open from when I lived out there. Lord knows it has to be more going on than Allure and I surely hope Raggs is not still jumping hahaha :)
DeleteLOL! I've been able to find a few events here since I posted this and there but they were definitely hard to find. Sigh.
DeleteBut yes, Boil and Roux definitely came up in my results.