I had written a full blown "bah humbug" Scrooge-esque post the other night about how happy I was to be done with the holiday season, but apparently the universe didn't want me memorializing all those feelings and my post disappeared because I hadn't pressed save before my phone rang.... I usually blog on my phone.
Anyways....
In lieu of my anti-Christmas rant, I will just revel in the fact that it's over and continue to look forward to the new year.
This past year, specifically the Fall/Winter portion of it, has been a lot. A lot of transitions, a lot of stress, a lot of uncertainty, a lot of grown up decisions and too too many realizations that I did not want to face but had to. I can't say it was a bad year, because it truly was not... But it was definitely a lot.
This upcoming year I'm praying is ten times better. I'm glad I got to spend the holidays with my family in Louisiana, because family is so important. In the new year I want to work on getting closer with my family, I want to have more adventures and I want to stop second guessing every decision I make and just pull the trigger and step out on faith.
These last few days of 2014, I plan to relax and do a little goal setting for the new year.
Once the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve, it's full speed ahead. I have a lot of things in the making, starting off with a trip to New York City this upcoming weekend.
I also hope the new year finds my motivation to write more often. I got in a major rut this year. I hope to do better. It's like so much I could've shared, but just didn't want to have to deal with it in writing if that makes sense.
Besides, I was tired. Extremely tired...
But I digress.
Until then.... Cheers to endings and cheers to new beginnings!

Cheers to a fabulous year ahead!
ReplyDeleteCheers!!!!
DeleteCheers to new adventures in 2015!!
ReplyDeleteYassssss!!!!
DeleteI'm ready for the new year and sunshine. The holiday season makes me sad because it's cold and not as sunny, so all I want to do is hibernate.
ReplyDeleteMe too. I hate the dreariness!
DeleteWell, I hope all the stress and transitions lead you to a better place next year. NYC sounds awsome (IS AWESOME), have fun. I know what you mean sometimes about post writing. It can be exhausting sometimes just thinking about putting it into a post. Blogging from your phone! My posts would be a disaster if i did that.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to go to NYC. This will be my first trip there!
DeleteWishing you a wonderful new year.
ReplyDeleteThanks you as well!
DeleteThe new year will be a fresh start for you. Here is to an amazing 2015. Have an amazing new year!
ReplyDeleteThanks you too!
DeleteAll the best in the new year.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteGood luck on your endeavors this year!
ReplyDeleteYou too!
DeleteI hope God grants you the desires of your heart this year. Last year seemed to breeze by for me. I feel you on hoping to write more this year. I mean, I'd written tons of post mentally, but I just didn't get around to actually putting it into words as you said. This year I'm claiming that we'll both do better. Happy New Year and Many Blessings!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you as well!
Delete