I woke up this morning feeling terrible, and was fortunate enough to get a walk in appointment with my doctor. Two shots later, and a prescription for antibiotics & cough medicine.. And here I am. Welcome to week two of December.
In retrospect, I probably should've went to my primary care doctor Friday when I first started feeling sick, but my alma mater was in town for the 2014 SWAC championship game and I didn't want to miss out on all the festivities. Priorities right? But I digress.
When I woke up on Friday, I didn't have a voice. I loaded up on medicine and Airborne and anything else I could think of to soothe the pain. By the time I got off I wasn't feeling (nor looking) my best, but I soldiered on and went to happy hour with my girls. Ummm. Probably the driest happy hour in history. I was preparing to walk out the door by nine before the rest of my friends even arrived. I felt like garbage... I came home, took more medicine and feel asleep until like 10 am the next morning.
It was probably around noon when I realized I had told everyone I would be outside at the tailgate by 1. I loaded up on more medicine and begrudgingly headed out to the stadium where the game was being played. Southern University and A&M College was set to play Alcorn State University at 3pm in NRG stadium.
Between the Omegas, the Jaguar Juice and the excitement of so many alumni and supporters in one place at one time.... it's safe to say that pretty much everyone between the age of 21-40 was wasted by kick-off..... Whoopsie toots.
Jaguar Juice is something one of the alumni from my alma mater found online and recruited others to bring the many many many alcohols and ingredients it takes to make the concoction. The actual name online was Epic Jungle Juice. Google that or look it up on YouTube if you dare.
Once we stumbled, I mean walked into the game, it was obvious that those Mississippi boys from Alcorn State were going to give my team a run for their money, and they did. We lost, but had so much fun walking around, listening to our amazing band and ragging on the alumni from those other schools. Nothing beats an HBCU classic... So much love and tradition.
We left before the game was over and missed out on seeing Maze and Frankie Beverly perform. But, by that time my body had sobered up and remembered I was sick again.
:(
I barely remember Sunday. I went to the Take Care Clinic at Walgreens but didn't get any antibiotics at all. I slept the reminder of the day.
When I woke up this morning, my face was swollen and I felt HORRIBLE... I thought about going to the office, but figured I had been irresponsible enough all weekend.
Did I enjoy seeing the game? Yes. But was putting my health on the back burner worth it? Ehhhh probably not, but in my defense my doctor wasn't open till today soooo.... Yeah. That's that.
I'm stationary this week, but hopeful that I'm better by Friday. Probably pushing it, but again.... I digress.
Go Jags!!!




Awww...hope you feel better soon! You looked good in the pics though :-D.
ReplyDeletelol I had to give it that old college try but I definitely paid for it! Thanks :)
DeleteI hope you feel better soon hun. Garlic with lemon water and honey does wonders. I know it sounds awful, but it works.
ReplyDeletehttp://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com
i'm glad you managed to get out and have some fun despite how you were feeling!! you looked fantastic as usual!!
ReplyDeletegeez I hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteJaguar juice sounds like something I'd enjoy!! Being sick is the pits but it sounds like you partied your way through it. Hope you get some rest in and get better!!
ReplyDelete