I went to bed last night with thunder, torrential rains & hail providing the soundtrack for my slumber. I didn't think much of it, as it has pretty much been raining everyday lately...hence my lack of activity & pep.
But the stormed raged on well into the night..... And when I woke up this morning, I quickly learned that the majority of our city was either slightly flooded or underwater. My morning ritual consists of scrolling through my Facebook timeline, where I read horror stories of friends who were stranded overnight on the roadways, cars flooded out and freeways & neighborhood streets looking more like lakes than roadways.
Fortunately my side of town was spared for once, but other places in the city not so lucky. The flooding in Houston & other parts of Texas has been really bad. Worse than I would've imagined after a action packed Memorial Day weekend.
Needless to say, I didn't have court this morning & my route to work was among those experiencing flooding so my three day weekend became a four day... I just hate it was at the expense of our city.
The road ways have been cleared and the water is receding, but the damage is done.
Surprisingly after all the rain last night, the weather today was perfection. Sunlight beaming down, the quiet after the storm.
Funny how storms can seem to rage on forever, only for the sun to shine once again. A cleansing, renewal and a new day. Light beaming, illuminating the way as we pick up the pieces and attempt to rebuild.
More rain is in our forecast, but I am hoping it is nothing like yesterday. The Bayou City has seen many a flood, but this one definitely was one for the history books.
I'm praying for a dry and prosperous week and upcoming weekend & sending positive thoughts and affirmations to those left recovering all that was lost.
And I am definitely praying for Houston.

Oh no. I did not know. Glad that your city was spared. Sending positive thoughts to those who were not spared. Sending prayers for Houston too!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I am very fortunate to live on the North side of town because other parts of Houston got it way bad!!
DeleteHouston has definitely been on my mind too...glad you and your city are safe too but I can imagine it hasn't been easy!
ReplyDeletemy sister in law and nephew have been in Houston for 2 weeks and I was so worried for them and the rest of Texas, Definitely praying!
ReplyDelete