Adjustment: a small change that improves something or makes it work better; a change that makes it possible for a person to do better or work better in a new situation.
ie. Me currently.
This summer has been interesting.... I wish I could say it was interesting in the new love, excitement, sunshine--lollipops and rainbows everywhere sense....but alas, that has not been my existence. This summer has been filled with life lessons, loss, change and adjustments. This has been one of those facing reality, growing up even when you don't want to seasons. I'd be lying if I said I was enjoying it, because I have not... but in the greater scheme of things, I've had no choice but to embrace it and face each day as it comes the best way I know how.
I've made a lot of adjustments.
I've tried to stay positive, and focus on moving forward.
I've tried to forget the pain, but I've come to the conclusion that maybe I'm not supposed to forget it. It's okay to have moments of sadness, but instead of letting them consume me I've tried my best to let those moments empower me. Motivate me to uphold the legacy, do big things... carry on.
My recap from the last month is a blur of work, sleep, deep thinking, extreme Houston heat & whatever else it is I have been doing to bide my time. Nothing too exciting..... This past Sunday, I did manage to remove myself from the center of my bed & ventured out to Houz of Ink to get a tattoo of my grandmother's signature on my shoulder....
I always loved her signature... It was nothing too fancy or elaborate like some signatures are, but to me hers always meant something. It resonated with me. Simple, yet embodying so much class, with a dash of innocence mixed in. The tattoo artist was able to make a replica of her actual signature from a document we found that she had signed. It didn't hurt as much as I remember from my first tattoo, so I am glad about that. I think it came out nice, and it makes me feel good to have a part of her with me (literally) forever....
Aside from that, I've really just been focused on getting back into the swing of things...
Making adjustments, and trying my best to stay positive as I adjust to my new normal.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Just adjusting.


Life is something. I've been having moments too but I'm trying so hard like you to be positive and focused.
ReplyDeleteI love the significance behind your new tattoo. I think your grandmother would be blown away by this action. I love the way you described her signature as well.
Thinking of you and sending lots of thoughts, prayers & continued positive vibes your way.
Thanks hun and I'm sending them right back at you!!!!
DeleteWhat a creative and meaningful tattoo and the location is everything! One of the best things about life is our perspective...sending you positive during this season!
ReplyDeleteThanks love. You as well!
DeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. If I can offer any advice -- make sure you cry when you miss her. Get angry. Be happy. Whatever. Make sure you express how you're feeling in any way possible. It is never good to suppress how you feel when losing a loved one. Trust me -- I know. I'll be praying for your strength during this time. God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteAnd the tattoo of her signature is perfect.
Thanks :)
Delete