Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mood.


And then, all of a sudden it was August.

Yet, despite the fact that time has been moving at a rapid pace, I feel like this has been one of the longest summers ever.

And I am over it.

Things haven't been all bad, and I am beyond grateful for that. But the bad, has definitely been bad.


But I digress.


The good...

I recently got a puppy.

The bad: him.


Introducing Pepper, my miniature schnauzer. He was born the same day my grandmother passed away, and from the moment my friend posted a picture of him and his siblings, I knew he had to be mine. His brother, Cosmo, also came to join the family & is with my goddaughter.

Having a puppy around has been a nice distraction from all of the everyday happenings, but it is hard. He is a furry ball of naughty mischief. How something so small could have so much personality still baffles me, but I look forward to watching him grow out of the stage he is in now into becoming a man smart adult dog.

He's super adorable, but definitely bad.

But I love him nonetheless.

Planning: My friends and I leave for Dubai/Abu Dhabi/New Delhi, India in less than one month. The planning is.... a lot. This is my first trip over seas, and I am not only nervous about being so far away, but also trying to figure out everything I need to do to get ready for our trip.

Coordinating amongst the four of us who are going, has been interesting & I am looking forward to our trip finally getting here.

The anticipation, coupled with the preparation has me on edge. I'm just ready to go & enjoy at this point.


Feeling: Stressed.

I've tried to battle the feelings of anxiety and stress coming over me, but it has truly been hard. I have to literally tell myself to calm down, so I won't completely lose it. And so far, so good.... but still. I feel like it won't take much at this point.

Praying & meditating. Trying to make a conscious effort to control my thoughts and emotions.

I feel like life came at me so hard, that I backed away from being faithful & praying like I used to.

I've slowly but surely come around. I feel more confident that things will work out for my good...for all of our good, but alas my humanity has been strong, thus weakening my spirit.

I'm getting back on track though.

Reading... Has kept me calm. Book club meetings have provided an outlet. It's easy to escape your reality when submerged in someone else's....


My mood: Random. All over the place. Grasping for balance. Forcing myself to smile, even when my heart is crying loudly from the inside and my brain is yelling obscenities from within my head. Trying to find an outlet. Trying to focus on bettering myself....

But we are going to be alright. I am going to be alright.

And then one day, August will come around again & I'll be in a much different mood.

& the right now won't seem as bad.

It will actually be better.

8 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel Fal. I've been there and I'm often there more than I'd like to admit. Just know, the stress, the anxiety, the depression, etc. will all subside. Focus on all the good that is happening -- even if it may seem that the bad has a surplus. Maybe a trip to a new place will help you find your center. That always helps me.

    I hope you feel better soon sweetheart. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'm definitely excited to take a trip and get re-centered.

      Delete
  2. It's good that you're focusing on being positive. I believe that's the best way to be when life becomes too much.

    Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time really does fly. I cannot believe this year is almost over. Dogs are so much work!! You might as well have a kid, but he is cute. What an exciting trip! I loved planning our overseas trip, but I can see how trying to consider so many people would make it stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is like having a child. They love attention! I cant even imagine how it would be having a little person around 24/7. Yes, group planning is interesting to say the least. I am just ready for our trip to be here!

      Delete
  4. Aww your puppy is too cute and Dubai sounds like an amazing trip! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete