Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Take Off....

It hardly seemed like reality, as I sat in the corner of the couch at my aunts house, trying to find a signal on my phone last Christmas. My reception never worked well in Mansfield, Louisiana and some of my fondest Christmas memories will forever be me standing in the bathroom of my grandmothers house trying to find a signal.

But back to last Christmas..... As I spent what will now always be known as the last Christmas I'll have ever spent with my grandmother... In the middle of the country.... With no distractions or cell phone.... My friends, who were all in civilization for the holidays that year were busy plotting and planning. You see, while I was in Louisiana a glitch fare was posted advertising flights round trip from New York City to destinations such as Mumbai, Abu Dhabi and South Africa for virtually nothing.... 

By the grace of God or some powerful forces in the Universe, my text messages started rolling through at warp speed...

Should we, should we not? To fuck it, let's pull the trigger & before the night was over my friends not only had purchased tickets for themselves, but my good friend Noelle had booked a flight for me as well since technology had me shackled in small town Louisiana and I couldn't purchase from my position on that couch.... So she did me a solid until I could get back to Houston to pay her back. That reminds me, I need to thank her again for that. She always comes through in the clutch... But I digress. 

Needless to say, by time I made it back to Houston, I had a trip booked to visit Abu Dhabi and Dubai in September of 2015....

Which brings us to the present.... And that trip is slated for take off tomorrow. To say I'm excited is an understatement. 

Life truly has been a whirlwind since last Christmas and I genuinely thought this day would never get here. The night before our journey to the Middle East, which also now includes a stop in New Delhi, India. 

I've dreamed of moments like these... To just be carefree and explore the world with some of my closest friends. Although life will only take pause for a minute, and I will return to my current reality once this trip is over.... I'm just grateful for a moment away, to clear my thoughts, explore, and hopefully find my center. 

I'm ready to travel. I'm ready for take off.....

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time you truly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when the glitch fare was going on -- and then I remembered how I had JUST finished shopping for Christmas gifts and had already started planning for Puerto Rico. I remember how "responsible" I told myself I had to be and not book another flight. Or back to all the stuff I had purchased that I only used or worn once. LOL! SMH. I am beyond prepared for every glitch fare that is going to come up if it comes up. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl that glitch fare was a blessing. i told myself that anytime i see one i am just going to risk it and make it work. the trip was definitely worth it!

      Delete