It's as if I played catch up, only to get back behind again. I feels as if I've been to the edge of the world & then back again. But in reality, I have.... Literally, the edge.
Let's be honest, it's no secret that I hate the summer and this summer has been no different. The heat in Houston is unbearable, everyone is on edge, the sweat, the humidity, it's just hot. I tend to lay low. I flake on plans, and find every excuse to not leave the comfort of my air conditioning. This summer has been no different, but even with my avoiding activity at all cost, this has been one of the most physically and mentally draining
I'd prepared a post a few weeks ago to discuss all that's been going on in the world, and after reading and reflecting on it all over again I had to press the delete button. It hurt too bad to see those events memorialized in print, even though it is hard to watch television or look at social media without the negative reality of the world smothering you all over again. It's just been too much. I was starting to lose sleep over all the images and thoughts & harsh truths about the world we live in. Then I decided to disconnect so to speak to preserve my peace of mind. You can't escape reality, but you can escape from being a slave to it. Watching every news segment, reading every think piece and Facebook status update is just not necessary.... But I digress.
We are so far into 2016, that albeit 2017 seems a life time away, it is legit right around the corner. Plans are underway and soon there will be some reprieve from the monotony of my everyday. I'm days away from a trip to Florida, then a little over a month away from a trip to New York, followed by a trip to Costa Rica for Labor Day. Yes, Labor Day is literally right around the corner.
Then on to Fall..... So much to do, with so little time. Yet all the time in the world. Time is relative. When I want the days to fly by, they drag at an unimaginable pace. The moments I want to bask in are so fleeting... It's just life.
So when I say I've been to the edge and back I really have. Mentally & physically. My thoughts, my doing, my comings & goings. Life has had me on the edge and I'm looking forward to getting away so when I return things can be back to normal again.
Photos Taken at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston ~ Kusama ~ Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity


I'm with you. I wanted to make a post about it all but it hurt. Watching the news, reading facebook, seeing comments made from ignorant people .... it just has all become too much. The amount of anxiety and sadness it has brought ... I just don't know. Why are we as advance as we are still so ignorant?
ReplyDeleteSigh.
DeleteDeep sigh...i've been so depressed too...i have just been trying to live in the moment and be present because goodness knows with all this loss, it's reminded me to live. i LOVE your travel plans...i can't wait to read all about it.
ReplyDeleteI need a major break from the news because goodness gracious!!
DeleteIt seems like the older I get, the sadder the world is to me. I've never been able to tune into the news during certain segments because the state of the world is saddening.
ReplyDeleteSo true, it really is just saddening!
DeleteI absolutely feel you on this. The last few weeks have been so draining that it just makes it hard to just get through the usual routine of your day. At least it as for me. I've always said the heat can make people do some strange things and every summer, I am proven correct.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you'll be able to have some time to be able to relax and add some type of positivity to your life, even when surrounded by all of this chaos. It's important to focus on the good.
Oh, and I'll see you in Costa Rica! (: