
Blackberry... The happening phone of the moment, was my lifeline. Blackberry Messenger, or more affectionately referred to as BBM was probably the most advanced technology I had ever seen. I could simultaneously talk with as many people as I wanted at once! Groups, people could create rudimentary group chats that could last days with dialog. All it took was a pin number and the world was at the tip of my fingers. One day, a notification came through alerting me I had been added to a BBM group chat. A friend from another law school asked me if I knew everyone... "Deonne? No, I don't know her..." "Well get to know her" was the response I received... "She's fabulous."
Never have I been one to chance after friendships, but this time something was different. I just knew I HAD to know this chick... So commence the BBM takeover till finally I had broken her down.
A combination of my persistence, hunting her down like a gazelle, meshed together with various events where we had no choice but to bond, not only created a friend for life, but truly another sister for me. And run-on sentence of the year award goes to me..... But I digress.
Deonne. I could go on and on about her & how wonder of a person she is, but that would lead to a bucket of tears and that's not my focus for the moment.
Fast forward five years and my friend's wedding is less than 3 months away!!!
And before any prosperous wedding, there must be a full fledged production to ensure the bride has a phenomenal time at her bachelorette party.
Enter Kaftans & Turbans.
What started off as just an idea on a list of brainstorm potentials became our reality this past weekend. A group of us headed down to St Petersburg Beach, Florida and made the vision a reality. We were very fortunate for a friend who lives in the area for coordinating the whole affair & it was perfection.

From the food, to the swag bags, the individualized bachelorette t-shirts to the hangover kits, right on down to the beautiful beach and of course the Kaftans & the Turbans.
Our weekend was perfection.
Such a good time was had by all. The conversations were positive, the laughter genuine & the love for the bride radiated all over the room and the beach!
Our weekend was calming. It was warmth. It was love. It was pure and unadulterated friendships.
It was perfection.
Kaftans & Turbans was truly everything.
More photos to come once editing is completed by the brides sister, because of course she would have a sister who's a professional photographer in attendance to capture our weekend.
#KaftansAndTurbans









I absolutely LIVE for weekends like that. And don't you just love how you meet someone, become soul beings, and you wondered how your life ever functioned without them? That's amazing and I'm glad that you have such a sweet person to call your friend -- and I'm sure she feels that same way about you.
ReplyDeleteAnd girl.. that sunset and those cake squares! See, now I need to go get some squares or some petit fours or something.. LOL!
Congrats to the bride!
I want petit fours like right now!!!
DeleteThe way you described your friendship ... just love, love! :) Such a unique theme too! Glad you had a great time! I have to admit that I'm really excited to see more pictures, haha.
ReplyDeleteThose genuine friendships are everything!
DeleteLooks fun. Love the tshirt. It is always good to have great girlfriends.
ReplyDelete