Thursday, September 8, 2016

September...

It's been a month and some change since I took the time to sit and reflect... Or even write for that matter. Two trips since my last post. Hundreds of news stories, controversies and disasters have happened... And here I am, sitting unscathed on the other side. This summer has been heavy. Not so much in the sense that I've been bearing the weight, but heavy in the sense that the world & people around me have been dealing with so much and all at once. It's hard to feel happy when everyone around you is going through so much, so I've just kind of laid low and tried my best to keep my strength since it's been needed so much and so necessary as the times have changed..

September always serves as my catalyst for better days. Fall represents newness, new opportunities, fresh starts and an end to the misery known as summer. I always say, I come alive in the Fall, and I expect this year to be no different. I anxiously await the first cold front, the days when leaves begin to fall and I'm forced to add that extra layer to my attire. I can't let the stains of summer, overshadow any of the happiness and better days that wait right across that threshold. 

September, I welcome you with open arms. The summer is almost over, and things will definitely get better, for everyone. 




3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Fall. Happy to see something from you on the blog. I may or may not have been stalking your blog for new posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even funnier as I've been stalking yours as well lmao!!!!! Come on Fall!!!!

      Delete
  2. Trust me -- I'm totally with you. I know firsthand how heavy it is. This summer has definitely been an unforgettable one, both good and bad.

    As always, I'm looking forward to the beginning of Fall as well. To get the first whiff of crisp, Fall air.. does something to me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete