Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Purpose.

When the Universe decides to take control of your destiny there is no room for second guessing or hesitation... God already knows what time it is in regards to the course our lives are meant to take, it's just our job to stay patient and do the work necessary to get to that final destination. I'd given myself a deadline and that date was steadily approaching. February 1, 2018, I was either going to quit my job at the law firm I had worked for over 7 years and start my own practice or I was going to land another job that seemed to be more in line with what I want to accomplish in my legal career. I've been a licensed attorney for the last nine years, and over that time I've had the pleasure of doing and seeing some great things. I've also had a lot of moments where I questioned my decision to work for "the man" representing banks and various financial institutions instead of truly helping and representing actual people. After much deliberation, plenty of tears and hours of wanting to jump off a building exhaustion the Lord saw fit to lead me somewhere much closer to my destiny.

Current Gig: As of February 2018, I am now a staff attorney at one of the largest legal aid providers in the country. My practice area mainly consists of my drafting expunctions and non-disclosures for individuals trying to clear/clean their criminal records and assisting with the re-entry into society for those who may have succumbed to or been victims of our criminal justice system. I provide advice and counsel, as well as host legal clinic informing the general public about their rights as far as how to successfully navigate starting over with a fresh start at life.

I was tagged by one of my favorite blogger turned real life homies (Carla) to share my work story and here is how I go about my daily walk in my purpose.

Take us through a recent workday.

Being a single dog parent is hard, so my work day usually begins with getting Pepper ready and depending on where we lay rest that night (hope you didn't miss that casual announcement on Instagram) determines how my work day truly begins... I try to eat breakfast before I leave the house to avoid myself stopping for breakfast tacos or donuts en route to work. It takes less than 15 minutes for me to make my commute from home and then I get to ride the elevator up to this spectacular view.


With the sun beaming out my window I am able to typically start my day with a smile. I try to get to the office before 7:30 so I can leave early to avoid the downtown rush hour traffic. I check emails, usually write in my Law of Attraction journal, then begin to knock out my to do list for the day which can consist of talking with my clients, trading litigation strategies with the other attorneys in my office or drafting petitions to file with the court. There is definitely a need for the services we provide, so I'm usually pretty busy through out the day and time generally flies. My assistant is legitimately the best, and she makes my days go smoothly by completely holding me down until the day is over.

What apps, gadgets, or tools can’t you live without?


I'm not the most tech savvy person there is so my range of apps, tools and gadgets pretty much consists of FB Messenger/Google Hangouts and my journal. I'm old school, sticky notes also keep me sane...

What’s your workspace setup like?


What’s your best shortcut or life hack?

I'm still in the trying to figure that out. I do however need to implement some shortcuts and life hacks into my daily routine.


Who are the people who help you get things done, and how do you rely on them?

I have an entire village behind me. From my managing attorney and support staff, to my friends and mentors who are also attorneys, I have a lot of people in my corner helping me get things done. There's never a shortage of people who are willing to answer questions or just give me the motivation and support I need to keep pushing.


How do you recharge or take a break from work?

I enjoy reading, writing, travel and I am apart of a book club. I also love chilling with my family and friends, loving on my dog, scrolling down my timeline and spending time with my favorite guy. Which as of late he has pretty much been my escape from the daily routine, but I digress...

And leave you with this picture of us at a Gala we attended earlier this month:

What’s your favorite side project? Writing. And I hope the next destination on my journey towards my purpose is finally finishing my book...

What are you currently reading, or what’s something that you’d recommend? Currently reading An American Marriage, although I still have like 3 other books that I also started around the same time a few weeks ago but have not picked up since.


Fill in the blank: I’d love to see ______ answer these same questions.

Faith


What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?


That's a hard question for me to answer. I've received so much great advice in regards to navigating my career path that it is hard to narrow it down to just one. If I were to just throw one out there, it would be "stop taking things personally" and instead of letting work stress me out completely just realize that my clients problems are my clients problems. It is just my job to help them figure out how to solve those problems.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post!! Your work day sounds exciting! And congrats on leaving your last job and doing something that makes you feel fulfilled! You are making such a huge difference in people's lives! God bless you :)

    Loving that picture of you at the Gala .. you are just gorgeous!

    Haha, thanks for tagging me but I suck at doing them. I'll try though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get your ex back with a love spell that works fast.
      Dr.Jumba has helped thousands of women get their Ex boyfriends back using his real effective love Spell. After my boyfriend of one year broke up with me, I could barely speak without crying. I felt blindsided and didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I could get him back and the anxiety was unbearable. I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So I contacted this great spell caster for help. He helped me cast a return love spell on him and just within 11 hours my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Dr. Jumba released him to know how much I loved and wanted him. And He also opened his eyes to picture how much love we have shared together. As I am writing this testimony right now I am the happiest woman on earth. I want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to a love break up. Email him at wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com , wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him: +19085174108 "I'm so grateful and can say that if you have been broken up with and want to get that person back, Dr.Jumba is the best! I'll never forget how much he helped me
      WEBSITE : drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Oh I DEFLEE didn't miss that post on IG. I literally belted out the longest YASSSSSSS my voice could muster.

    Reading this, just reconfirmed for me how much of a Boss you truly are. I can't even begin to express how much you inspire me and motivate me. I've been keeping up with all of what you've been conquering in your new role and I'm beyond grateful to know that I know you personally. That I know someone who is truly committed to helping society.

    Keep up the amazing work, Fal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get your ex back with a love spell that works fast.
    Dr.Jumba has helped thousands of women get their Ex boyfriends back using his real effective love Spell. After my boyfriend of one year broke up with me, I could barely speak without crying. I felt blindsided and didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I could get him back and the anxiety was unbearable. I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So I contacted this great spell caster for help. He helped me cast a return love spell on him and just within 11 hours my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Dr. Jumba released him to know how much I loved and wanted him. And He also opened his eyes to picture how much love we have shared together. As I am writing this testimony right now I am the happiest woman on earth. I want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to a love break up. Email him at wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com , wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him: +19085174108 "I'm so grateful and can say that if you have been broken up with and want to get that person back, Dr.Jumba is the best! I'll never forget how much he helped me
    WEBSITE : drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. שלום לכולם, אני כאן כדי לשתף עדות קטנה. שמי מילנה דנטה, אני בת 40, התחתנתי בגיל 29, יש לי רק ילד אחד וחייתי באושר ועושר עד עצם היום הזה. אחרי שנה של נישואים בעלי נהיה כל כך מוזר ואני לא ממש מבינה מה קורה, הוא ארוז מהבית לאישה אחרת, אני אוהבת אותו כל כך שאני אף פעם לא חולמת לאבד אותו, אני מנסה כמיטב יכולתי לוודא שבעלי יחזור אליי, אבל הכל בלי עזרה, בכי ובכי ובקשה לעזרה, דיברתי על זה עם המשפחה שלו אבל לא קיבלתי תשובה. אז חברתי הטובה ביותר אנה יוהנסון הבטיחה לעזור לי. היא סיפרה לי על אדם בשם ד"ר אפטה, אמרה לי שהוא גבר גדול מאוד וגבר אמיתי שאפשר לסמוך עליו ואין לו שום קשר לבעיות אהבה שהוא לא יכול לפתור והיא סיפרה לי איך הוא עזר לאינספור אנשים לשקם את מערכת היחסים שלהם. הייתי ממש משוכנעת, ויצרתי קשר במהירות עם כתובת הדוא"ל שלו, drapata4@gmail.com או עם הוואטסאפ או ה-VIBER שלו עם המספר הזה (+447307347648). הסברתי לו את כל הבעיות שלי, הוא אמר לי שאני לא צריכה לדאוג שכל הבעיות שלי ייפתרו מיד. הוא אמר לי מה לעשות כדי להחזיר את בעלי, ואמרתי את זה, הוא אמר שאחרי 3 ימים בעלי יחזור ויתחיל להתחנן, וזה באמת קרה כמו שהוא אמר, הייתי מאוד מופתעת, זה כל כך מדהים. התהילה של מערכת היחסים שלנו עם אלוהים קרובה מאוד עכשיו ושנינו חיים באושר ועושר עד עצם הימים. אם את נתקלת בבעיה דומה, צרי איתו קשר מיד ופתרי את הבעיה אחת ולתמיד. אני גם עדה חיה..

    ReplyDelete