Monday, December 17, 2012

The weekend.

This weekend was rather eventful. We had our office holiday party at Grotto, which is an extremely nice restaurant near the Galleria here in town. I indulged in everything that came near my fork. We heard the news of what had occurred in Connecticut during the party, and chills ran through everyone. It was hard to fathom, just the severity of the tragedy seemed unreal......

After my work party was over, I met one of my old co-workers for happy hour and catching up... I was ready for bed by 9, and called it a night...



On Saturday morning, I slept in and then ran errands before heading out to the 30th birthday party of one of my oldest friends... She and I have been friends since the 7th grade... She was new to our middle school and I was soooooo jealous of her Nike tennis skirts and herringbone flats, hahahahahahahahaha (typing that makes me feel so old school)I used to live vicariously through her outfits because I did not have the body for any of them.... at least not until high school. I have so many memories of our almost 20 years of friendship and I am sooo happy that we are still good friends today.







I had an amazing time at her party. There was food, a DJ, a bartender and tons of good vibes. We turned her living room into the hottest party spot around. It was line dance central!!!! I'm so fortunate to have been able to share the moment with her.

After her party, I went to two other spots... my second stop for the night was a toy drive/party at a museum. I dropped off my toys, walked around for a few minutes then headed to the final destination of the night, which was a crowded lounge. My friend and I waited in line for awhile, finally got in and owned the stage for a while. Not sure why we were feeling ourselves so much, but we had a great time pretending to be young again and headed home for the night....

I spent the majority of my Sunday resting and watching CNN & the memorial service that was held in memory of those lost. Still hard to comprehend it all......

On an unrelated note, for some reason I have been super paranoid about posting pictures online... I like blog posts that are picture heavy, but with the way the world has been going lately I think I will start to scale back and post the majority of my photos on Instagram (only approved followers can see my photos on there)so if you would like to SEE exactly what I have been doing please let me know your username and I will add you :-)


2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a great weekend...love the story about you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the best 30th B Day party ever!! To have a long time friend like that and still be close is so special.

    ReplyDelete