Seriously, why is time moving so fast?
My March was so whirlwind and full of activity that I'm almost let down by how my April has been going. I've been super stressed out lately. Adjusting to a new position with so much more responsibility and bureaucracy has been taking it's toll on me. But I'm sure that God prepared me with the tools I need to be successful. I just need to focus on using them....
I was out and about all weekend. My friends and I have been so busy lately that we decided to set up monthly friend dates to meet up and catch up on life. This past Friday was a dinner date at UP restaurant. This was my first time going, and I was definitely impressed by the ambiance. The food was just ok, but the company and laughs were priceless!
My friend wanted us all to dress in white, but I've been so exhausted and stressed after work that I didn't have time to go shopping so I kind of broke the rules. Whoops. She survived minus my fashion faux pas.
Since we were all worn out from the work week, we headed home after dinner and I was sound asleep before 11.
I woke up early Saturday to run errands before I had to pick up another friend from the airport. Once I scooped her up, we made a detour at Barnes & Noble and I took her to one of my favorite spots in the city for dinner and drinks.
I definitely am thankful for our one on one time. She gave me some good advice and a ton of confidence boosters in regards to the situation I've been dealing with, with my guy friend. Ugh. It could all be so simple, but you rather make it hard. Had to slip that Lauryn Hill lyric in there, because it expresses exactly how I'm feeling about that topic. But I digress.
After I dropped her off I was out for the count.
I could barely drag myself out of bed Sunday morning. I just was not feeling it. Luckily one of the homies suggested we go eat to get out of the house.
A Belgian waffle and a carafe of mimosas later, I was feeling alive again.
I did a lot of indulging this weekend. But I guess I deserved it in light of how I've been feeling lately.
After brunch, I hung out with my guy friend and then met up with my new co-workers later that night for a getting to know you dinner at our GM's house. His house and kids and dogs are gorgeous. I had a good time hanging with them, but I did feel some type of way as everyone shared their marriage stories and talked about their kids. Of course I was the only single person there. I had to ignore the loneliness and just focus on having a good time. I understand that I have to be patient and all that jazz but it's still hard sometimes wondering why things aren't the way you thought they would be. I enjoy my friends, family and freedom, but I still feel unfulfilled without that one missing piece of the equation. But again, I shall digress.
I stayed up late last night packing, and now I'm excitedly waiting my flight...which has now been delayed due to this crazy Houston weather. I've never been to Denver so I hope I packed accordingly. I'm nervous and anxious for my first trip to our client's head quarters for training.
Inhale. Exhale. Inhale, and breathe....











You got this! Hope you have a good work trip to Denver. Sounds like an amazing weekend! And who could turn down mimosas ;) I agree that it can get hard to be around married folks with kids! And although you know you must be patient it doesn't make it any easier - but good thing you got to have a girls night and get together with friends :)
ReplyDeleteCheers to mimosas. The trip went well thank God even though there were moments of being overwhelmed but I'm thankful for the experience!
DeleteHope you have a great flight and trip, Denver is beautiful!! Love these photos and your outfit (even if you did break the rules a little lol)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteCan you hardly believe it is already the middle of April. This year is getting it.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Denver but I've heard it is really pretty there. I hope to get out and travel soon. Make sure you tell us more about your new job!
Denver was pretty. I wish I could go for pleasure and not business so I could explore. And I would definitely go when the temps are warmer!
DeleteI know ... it's crazy how quickly time is moving!
ReplyDeleteIt is SO cold this week. Last weekend was amazing weather, can't believe how quickly the temperatures dropped.
Yay for Denver. I've always wanted to visit there.
Y'all look great. Love the outfits. Looks like a great place!
And that waffle, gimme!!!
That waffle was amazing. And Denver was FREEZING!
Deletei love a good all white party...and the splash of black totally worked. i agree that April is moving along too quickly!!
ReplyDeleteApril is almost gone omg!
Delete