After moving at warp speed these past few weeks, I got some much needed relaxation this weekend. My Friday night was so uneventful that I can only vaguely remember what I did. I know it included a well deserved drink at happy hour, followed by watching the Rocket's playoff game, ending in the deepest of slumbers....
Saturday morning, I had my book club meeting & then headed out to a crawfish boil/fish fry....
Every year for the past 28 years, my college alumni chapter has been hosting this event to raise money for students in the Houston area to attend school. I was fortunate enough to receive one of those scholarships to help me attend the Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have attended that university, and although it feels like it was only yesterday..this year marks my 10th anniversary from graduating from college. My God, the memories. It is so hard to believe it has been so many years since I left the yard...But I digress.
It was hot outside. The wind blew my hair. The sun burned my skin. I did my best to not move from underneath the tent. It was great seeing old faces, reminiscing on all those college adventures and enjoying all that delicious food. I hate peeling crawfish, so I opted for the fried fish and green beans which were seasoned to perfection and oh so delicious. There were vendors selling t-shirts and other Southern themed items. We stayed out just relaxing, enjoying and listening to the live band/DJ until I was over being out in the elements. It was definitely a good time & I am glad that I got the chance to go and support. I need to go ahead and pay my life membership dues for the alumni chapter.
After I rinsed all the outside off of me, I pretty much collapsed, read & did nothing... I didn't move until Sunday.
My Sunday was spent, shoe shopping, followed by a warm stone massage, followed by more reading until I fell asleep. I think I am back rejuvenated. But I definitely do not want to overdo it for a while. Especially since it's about to be hot & I can't with that. Did I mention I don't like being hot?
Oh, okay...

What a fun way to catch with your old classmates...I loved seeing your pics on IG. Your first pic is so lovely!! Your hair is everything lady!!
ReplyDeletethanks!!!!
DeleteIt's really heating up here this week! Love your hair color. What a fun time! How cool that you feel some sort of connection to your college.
ReplyDeleteUgh I am not looking forward to the temps rising anymore! Thanks
DeleteI hate sweat, humidity and mosquitoes too! And 90 degrees, ugh, that is too hot! Summer is my least favorite too.
ReplyDeleteYum! Food looks good! I need to attend a crawfish boil/fish fry!
Haha, even though you were hot you didn't look it! You know how hot makes you look sticky and oily. Yuck. Looks like a fun time!
So much fun, but I smuggled a towel in my bag and a brush....to wipe off sweat and fix my hair every time the wind blew. LOL
Deletethe food looks great and you look so pretty! I love that you're in a book club :)
ReplyDeletethank you!
DeleteI despise summer as well, especially the bugs. ICK! That stone massage, I need one of those hopefully someone will send me somewhere for Mother's Day! I love those downtime weekends, sometimes they are very much needed.
ReplyDeleteThat stone massage was everything! I hope you get a spa day gift too, it is so needed at times!
Delete