Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hi.

These last few weeks have been pretty whirlwind. 

Actually the entire month of June has been one thing after another. Between work being super busy, me being extra tired (and hot....insert side eye) and life just being extra interesting... I haven't had much time for myself. 

I got tired of combing my hair, so I got my hair done in perm rods. It's literally been over a week since a comb or brush has touched my hair. I don't know if I can keep the straight flatiron hair during the summer this year. Team natural was not meant for me and humidity. But I digress. 

I've been on dates, to birthday gatherings to happy hours, to brunch & even walked around downtown in the elements and my hair remained cute despite the heat. I may keep a roller set till Fall. But enough about my hair.....


It's weird. I can like somebody a lot one day & just like that the next day I'm over them. I don't know what my problem is, but it can be kind of tiring. I'm too old for this. Something has got to give.....


On a more positive note, I'm happy that my life is filled with a lot of adventure and good times. And happy hours. 





And brunches. 




This past Friday I rounded up the homies for a trip to Howl at the Moon. I won a free happy hour party earlier this year, so I figured now was a good time to use it. 

We had entirely too much fun. Like ridiculous amounts of fun. New inside jokes created type of fun. Good times....

After happy hour we walked down the street to Gloria's for dinner. Even more ridiculousness ensued....

Saturday morning, I was sooo tired. I was a beached whale on the couch for 85% of the day. I laid around, read some of my old journals from high school and just chilled out. I needed some down time. 

Today, I've indulged entirely too much in mimosas and food. I can barely move I'm so full. I'm contemplating a quick nap. But a nap at 8 pm probably would lead to me being full blown asleep. 

I feel so random. Like there are a million things running around in my head, but I guess I'm feeling more like sharing that in my paper journal versus online. I feel odd today. Maybe it's all those mimosas from earlier. 

Ok, bye. 









10 comments:

  1. Love the perm rods. I've never really heard of it! Not combing my hair is always really hard for me. Sometimes I'll just wash and let my hair dry with mousse on it. You can't comb it or else it frizzes and it drives me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I despise humidity! I had never tried the rods either but the curls have lasted well and once I brushed them out this week I was left with a lot of volume which I love. You should try them!!

      Delete
  2. I am seriously living for lunches, brunches, and happy hours this summer. It's literally what I look forward to at the end of such busy weeks!

    Oh, and eventually, you're going to come across that one guy that you won't be able to get out of your head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brunch, and happy hour are essential to the soul. And hopefully sooner than later with the guy because this is tiresome lol

      Delete
  3. What would life be without brunches, happy hours and yummy drinks?! ;)

    I'm thinking if you're getting over them that quickly they're nothing special. God is keeping you not interested :)

    As for your hair, I love it so much! It looks so good in the roller set! Makes me want to do something different to mine but I'm lazy, lol.

    But yeah, being natural and humidity just don't go together, at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out. I felt nice doing something different with my hair. I need to be more adventurous. Especially now while the weather is so bad that straight is hard to maintain.

      Delete
  4. You look great! The weather is getting to my hair too haha :)

    XO AJ
    TheAJMinute | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I can't wait until Fall!!! Better hair conditions lol

      Delete
  5. Love your hair! It looks great! Wish I could get a style that would require no comb for a week. I often have to redo my bun about 2-days into it.

    Dating is a pain in the behind! BUT the right person is out there so don't give up! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I wish I could actually do buns. My head is too awkwardly shaped in my opinion lol

      Delete