Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hot.......

It's June. I live in Texas. June in Texas means hot. It is hot. I don't like hot. It is hot here. Therefore I don't like it.

When it's hot, I avoid outside. The walk to the car...misery. The sweat trickling down my back.

No.

These past few days I've done my best to avoid the heat. I went to brunch, and declined sitting on the patio. I went shopping, and pretty much ran to the car. Thank God for remote start. I relaxed in the air conditioning. I binge-watched Orange is the New Black. I slept.

I wanted to go out and enjoy the weekend. Then I remembered it's June. That means hot. I don't like that.



It's going to get hotter. I'm not looking forward to that....

Is it Fall yet?

12 comments:

  1. Seriously, you make me laugh but I know what you mean ... I hate hot too ... it hasn't gotten crazy hot yet over here and I'm so happy about that.

    And seriously, OITNB!!! Love, love ... oh and your food looks so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo miserable here until like September/October. I have friends who love the summer and want to sit outside and sweat and swim. I won't see them often. Lol. In fact aside from the stuff that's already on my social calendar I don't plan to see anybody at all until Fall!

      Delete
  2. I have family down in TX but I have never been. I am in such a polar opposite location with us having remote starters to get the heat going versus the a/c. When hot happens here everyone runs outside half naked just happy to be alive and see a warm day! HAHA. I do hate sweat dripping down my back or when its so hot that you are sweating in that odd spot between your nose and top lip? AHAH! My sister is obsessed with Orange Is the New Black and locked herself away in her house this weekend to watch the new episodes. I have never watched it, but hear I am missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cold. But I'm sure if I lived in blizzard conditions I probably would have the same reaction as you guys do when its hot. Geeshhh months of 100 weather is nothing nice :( OMG I love OITNB, if you can deal with all the risque aspects of it the story lines are entertaining.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That food looks amazing!

    I'm glad you've been keeping cool in that Texas heat...while enjoy some good eats! lol (corny I know)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! That's all u can do in this heat. Is eat and drink lol

      Delete
  4. This is me bringing a bit of autumn your way. ;) I miss you. Do you still have the same email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn!!!! Miss u more. Email me legallychocolat@gmail.com we have sooo much catching up to do!

      Delete
  5. The sweat on your back is the worst!! Hope you will enjoy the summer regardless of the hotness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I despise summer! My countdown to fall is in full effect!!!!

      Delete
  6. KMSL!!! Would you hate me if I said "Summer's Here!"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes! Yuck yuck and more yuck to summer lol!!!!

      Delete