Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Part II

I woke up Saturday morning feeling as if my head was about to fall off. That detour to the club after the book club meeting was a bad idea on so many levels. Not only should I have not been in there, I had to make myself continue to drink just so I could stay in there....and mixing prosecco, sangria and vodka is not the best of ideas for anyone no longer in their twenties.... Needless to say, I stayed in the bed until around 4:30 pm... Had it not been for a call from one of my girlfriends I would have forgotten all about our 6pm plans...

Remember that random patio we stumbled upon last Saturday? Well we reserved one of the cabanas for this past Saturday and had a huge dinner with our friends in lieu of us all going out to some random Memorial Day related festivity.

Best. Idea. Ever.

It was kind of blazing hot when we first arrived, but our server moved us to an even bigger cabana so we would have more room & not be directly in the sun.

The evening was perfection! We got there at 6 and literally did not leave until around 11 that night. We ate, drank, talked and even did a little singing & dancing. This place is like an undiscovered jewel in the city and none of us even so much as mentioned the name of the location to anyone just so we can keep it exclusive. Places in Houston have a habit of getting turned into trash when the wrong people find out about them and commercialize them into something that gets mass emailed or tweeted out as the go to spot, then it's shut down in weeks. Not going to happen with this place I hope!!!!

Anyways, we loved our cabana party at undisclosed location....


We all agreed that doing stuff like this is a necessity, because it was the most fun we have all collectively had in a long time. My friend even decided he wanted to have his birthday party there in October, and I cannot wait for that...even though it is a few months away...

I went to sleep feeling great. It is a requirement to enjoy the people who mean the most to you. We are all so busy with our careers & just life in general so it's good when we can find the time to spend together. I've been patiently waiting for that shift, when my life evolves from all my special memories being with my friends & with my own family...if that is in God's will, of course. It's times like this where I really have to cherish the moments, instead of wishing I was already in that next stage of my life. Some people are so busy doing other things that they wouldn't be able to dedicate an entire evening to hanging out with their friends, especially not in their thirties when there are more responsibilities and accountability. I don't understand His plan, but I am so grateful to God for these moments & these good times that I will always have the memories of to cherish...



14 comments:

  1. Yes! I love spending time with friends like this! Looks like a great place and those enchiladas look delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time...and staying in bed until 4:30pm...gosh i wish for those days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had an amazing time. The environment looks so relaxing and the food looked amazing. I know exactly what you mean when certain people turn a chill spot into the go to spot.

    I think this summer I'm going to make it a habit to hang out more. Recently I've allowed work and school to consume me and I feel that it is causing me to want to stay indoors and in my pjs binge watching. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl definitely make some time to have fun! Work hard, play harder. We had so much fun just enjoying each other. Good times!

      Delete
  4. Undisclosed location! That made me laugh out loud. Glad you found your spot :) It's gorgeous!

    Looks like such a blast and you are so right with what you said at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I didn't even check in on Facebook lol secret location ;)

      Delete
  5. That place looks amazing!!! And now I really want to know where it is. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful weekend. I definitely know God's got a great plan for you and is working it daily :) Houston is still on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks amazing! Friends, food, fun- seems like bliss. God has only wonderous things in store for you! What a blessing that you have a great group of friends who are able to get together and have a good time. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looked like a nice atmosphere! I'm all about an outdoor/patio/cabana party! :)

    ReplyDelete