Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sometimes it takes me a while to get going on Monday mornings, especially after an eventful weekend. I probably hit the snooze button atleast 10 times before I headed off to start my day...but I'm here! 

This weekend was another super busy one for me. With May comes the parade of summer birthdays, day parties, patio-hopping and other fun events. I try to get out as much as I can, especially during this time of year when there are so many activities in the city. I typically hate the summer. The weather here is disrespectfully hot & humid by this time of year, but surprisingly this weekend it was not and I actually enjoyed being out in the elements. 

People say I'm always out, but the other alternative would be me sitting in the house solo with the lights off over thinking life or something else lonely girl-like.....so I have to stay busy. But I digress. 

My weekend kicked off with a birthday happy hour for one of my law school buddies. We went to a wine bar in Midtown called 3rd Floor. She was bent on going somewhere that had a view of the city skyline. The drinks were really good at this venue and we had a great time chatting it up over cocktails. 




After happy hour, we attempted to find somewhere to go afterwards. Then we realized we are old and out of the loop, so we went home. Fridays in Houston are really hard to navigate. Everyone is either out with their significant others, at home, at an 18 and up spot (hell, no) or somewhere rachet. Aside from the more upscale or geared towards alternative lifestyles spots the options are limited for black professionals who want to go out after happy hour ends. 

I woke up Saturday morning in my feelings. I had to shake those feelings real quick, so I got out the house and started my day. 

The weather was perfection. I actually wanted to be outside, so my friend & I decided to find a dinner spot with a great patio. 

The odds were definitely in our favor. We decided to try a spot but were told it was an hour wait to be seated on the patio. We decided to wait for a seat inside and within minutes the manager who had told us an hour found us a spot outside! 

The patio was perfection! We had such a great time that we decided to reserve a cabana for this upcoming Saturday for our friends. It felt like we had been transported to somewhere else. Loved. It. 




I'm dedicating the summer to patio-hopping and trying out new venues. 

On Sunday, my good friend had her birthday brunch. It was super classy just like her and the food was delicious!





I will definitely have to add this spot to my brunch list. Everything was wonderful. But most importantly, she had a great time. 

After brunch, I headed home for some much needed rest and downtime. I was sleep before 10. 

This was an overall great weekend. I can't wait for the week to be over, and for the long Memorial Day weekend to kick off the summer. 

Happy Monday everyone! :)

7 comments:

  1. how all your weekends are jammed packed...life is a series of memories after all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta make the most of the weekends since I work so much during the week :)

      Delete
  2. So yea, I want your weekends!

    And I laughed out loud to this line "the other alternative would be me sitting in the house solo with the lights off over thinking life or something else lonely girl-like" .. I know all about this!

    I want to dedicate my summer to patio-hopping and trying out new venues TOOOOOO!!!

    I love, love, love your dress with the print! It looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wish u lived down south! Oh the fun we would have. :)

      Delete
  3. your weekends ALWAYS look/sound so fun! and girl, you eat good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start working out good too before All the eating catches up with me lol :)

      Delete