Monday, May 26, 2014

Part I

My office was closed in recognition of Memorial Day, so I have spent the majority of my Monday laid up in the middle of my bed listening to the torrential rainfall outside. My weekend has been so jammed packed with activity that I came to the decision that I needed to avoid all human contact today. So far, so good.

Sooooo, around this time last year a girlfriend and I decided to start a book club. We had been in two other clubs before that were both terrible, as in people showed up late to the meetings without having read the books, and didn't even discuss the books once we were there... We went to happy hour, so I could have an excuse to see her and get a copy of the Twelve Tribes of Hattie from her, and after a few Bellini's we decided we needed our own club. I sent out an email with rules & regulations (don't come to the meeting if you haven't read the book, don't come to the meeting if you are in a bad mood, etc. etc.)and the rest was history....

We started out with four people who regularly attend the meetings, lost two, and gained another four that have been able to stop in whenever time permits...but overall the dedicated people have made the club so much fun & definitely something we all look forward to each month.

On Friday night, we celebrated our one year anniversary at Ambrosia. I love Ambrosia, it's also the venue where I celebrated my birthday last November & I was happy to come back with the ladies. Our May read was Lies You Wanted To Hear by James Whitfield Thomson...

We enjoyed a great discussion on the actions taken by the characters in the book, devoured various delicacies and overall had a fantastic time being out on the town with the ladies....


We tried to find a sober person to take a group picture for us after the festivities, but since they have reserve happy hour the only patron we could find took a blurry photo for us... Still cute, but I digress.

In retrospect, I probably should have ended my night here...instead I went out to a random teeny-bopper club. Yeah, that's a story for another day & another time...

I went to bed around 2-something, and embarked on the deepest of sleeps....

4 comments:

  1. I keep saying I am going to start a book club but I just don't seem to have the time. Maybe in the fall when things pick up again from the Summer.

    We had a torrential down pour this afternoon. All I wanted to do was climb in my bed and enjoy but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been raining nonstop since yesterday. It took everything in me to get up for work this morning.

      Delete
  2. You make a book club sound fun! I love that you laid down the law, haha.

    And you all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun, I have been telling my friends to do a book club but no one is serious about it. I may just have to start like you did with a couple of people then just stay with those that are faithful! LOL

    ReplyDelete