Monday, June 30, 2014

Read, Sleep, Play, Repeat.....

My weekend started off with my monthly book club meeting. As always, a great time with the ladies, enjoying the wonderful food & drinks at Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood and discussing our read for the month of May. I selected the book for the month, and we all agreed that it was poorly written and could have been sooooooooo much better.

The ladies decided that I redeemed myself since the food was so good at the restaurant I selected...



I was tired after our meeting so I went home to catch some much needed ZzzzzzZZz's....

And then it rained.

And rained some more.

Thus making me continue to sleep.

And before I knew it, it was Saturday evening.

And then I was bored.

The rain eventually stopped, and a girlfriend & I headed over to Cyclone Anaya's for drinks and appetizers...




And an impromptu photo shoot.

We walked over to check out the Monnalisa ( a lounge on top of a hotel) and then headed home feeling lovely from the jumbo margaritas....

And then I slept.

And ended up oversleeping.

But that was okay, because I didn't have plans until 1.

My friends are bourgeois. Apparently I am too at times. But I digress.

We started a brunch club.

We need husbands and kids stuff to keep us busy, apparently.

Since we all love brunch so much, (and bottomless mimosas) it was decided that once a month we would try out a new venue for our weekend brunch. This past Sunday we went to Hearsay Gastropub downtown. Aside from me having to walk in the heat, since there was no valet (I'm guessing this is my bourgeois speaking) I really enjoyed myself! The food was cool, and the waiter kept the bottomless filled to the brim. We stayed for hours and even walked down the street to a second venue since by that time we were hungry again.

Definitely a good time.

Our the course of the weekend I had a conversation with one of my best friends about positive affirmations. She said whatever you put in the universe comes back to you, and she has proof in the pudding based off of some of the great things that have been happening to her lately. I guess it's the same in all religions. Have faith, claim it, speak it into existence, think positive, live positive. I decided to write down a few things I want to speak into existence, so that I can focus on them daily until they become my reality.

I am happy. I am in control of my own life. I am successful. I am blessed. I am loved.

And now,
I am about to press repeat.

7 comments:

  1. Yes! Name it and claim it.

    I have a LS that brunches every Sunday. I wish I could get away for a weekly scheduled brunch outing with bottomless mimosas! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ keeping busy with a brunch club! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my comment disappeared...anyway...glad it was a great weekend. i love the idea of a brunch club...i may need to begin one since i LOVE breakfast meals. Positive affrimations are everything...and i strongly believe whatever you put out in the universe you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish u lived closer so u could come try some brunch spots out with me!

      Delete
  4. Why do you have to live so far away?! I would love to be a part of your book club. I understand being drained. I feel like I experience that more than I would like to at times. I do agree with your friend about the affimations. I was listening to a series by Joel Osteen (called "Imagine") that spoke about something along these lines. I have just been thanking God for things that I would like to take shape in my life (keeping in mind that it has to be according to His will). The key is to do it even if those things are not visibly showing up right now. It keeps you in the practice of faith. The series really lifted my spirits and speaking to your situation does work! If I see these sermons on Youtube, I email them to you. I do owe you one, right? Lol. And, yes, you are loved by me... and many others! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl we need to schedule a phone conference to truly catch up! I wished you lived closer too! I need to look up that sermon. I love Joel Osteen.

      Delete