Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Monday, August 11, 2014
#hrw
Houston Restaurant Weeks is a major event in our city supporting the Houston Food Bank... For the entire month of August, dozens of dining establishments offer specials for lunch, brunch and dinner & donate a portion of the earnings to support the charity. It's a great time to experience a lot of the nicer restaurants in the city, and I am always down for raising money to help those in need.
So far my friends and I have dined at: Del Frisco's Grille, Del Frisco's, Caracol, and Mr. Peeples. I also have upcoming reservations at Punk's, Tango & Malbec and America's.
I'm a foodie, so this is one of the most delightful times of the year for me and my first indication that Fall is almost near. It also serves as a reminder that I need to hit the gym the minute September arrives, to get rid of all of this charity weight....
I have truly enjoyed the many opportunities to get dressed up and enjoy a nice meal with my friends, but most importantly I truly enjoy the fact that my leisurely experience is playing a role in keeping our food bank stocked!
Cheers to #HRW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cool way to help those in need!
ReplyDeleteYes! I love it.
DeleteAll looks so yummy! I am not ready for the Fall yet! :-).
ReplyDeleteIt's so hot in Houston during the summer that I'm always counting down till cooler weather lol :)
Deletehaha, I love that you call it charity weight! But seriously, what better excuse to eat all you want ;) And you are gorgeous and the food looks so good! I loved restaurant week when we lived in Albany ... i'll have to find out about it here.
ReplyDeleteI'm still working off the charity weight a month later lol!
DeleteThat's cool, we recently had a Minneapolis Restaurant Week and its amazing the meals you can get for a great price at stellar restaurants. love your photos! :)
ReplyDelete:)
DeleteThat food looks amazing. Clearly your posts always succeed in throwing in my face that Houston (and Texas altogether) is where all the fun happens. LOL! That food looks amazing! I swear I just marked this down on my calendar but I'm sure it'd be worth the drive next year. LOL!
ReplyDeleteLOL! and we always hollering we bored! You should definitely make your way out here! :)
Delete