Monday, August 11, 2014

I Decided...

I decided that no matter how rough my days are, I will always find some reason to still be grateful.
I decided that despite what comes my way, I will not lose sight of who I am and what I am worth.
I decided that regardless of what opposition I face, I ultimately have all the power I need to make my own decisions.
I decided that I am not trapped, I am free to navigate my own path, find my own way.
I decided that I need to be vocal, the ultimate advocate for myself and for my beliefs.
I decided that I have a gift. I am a gift. I am the present, and I have to work to protect my future.

My summer has been full of many lessons, a lot of fellowshipping and even more self-discovery. I've tried to open my mind past what I consider my reality. I have to dream big. I must continue to refuse mediocrity. I must shy away from settling. I can't let others influence my attitude, my thoughts or my character. Ah, so much has occurred in such a short time.

I decided that I will have a game plan. I won't overplan or over think, but I will be prepared & have my next move execute with perfection. On that same accord, I decided that even if things don't go as perfectly as I have planned The Lord will still protect me, and in the end I will still be strong, standing & victorious. Faith. I decided that I have to speak positively, I have to be positive. I have to trust in The Lord with all my heart & and stand firm in my belief that ultimately everything will work out exceptionally. I will laugh at my doubt. I'll have a testimony to share with everyone who will be willing to listen. I'll encourage someone else to press forward & my words will make a difference.

I decided that although I don't know my destiny, the universe is guiding me towards it. I may be living it now, and not realizing it, but it is inevitable. I have a destiny. Some higher purpose. A reason. I decided that even if that reason doesn't make sense to me just yet, one day it all will.

And, for that reason, I decided that I will keep going.

Regardless.







22 comments:

  1. Chills! This was written beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite line: I decided that I am not trapped, I am free to navigate my own path, find my own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I embrace your declaration as my own! I love this and I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. So powerful, Fal. Girl you have come and are coming so far in your confidence in who you are. From what I know (have read) about you, you are a pretty amazing woman. I am in love with this post. I would love if you would link it up with Let Your Light Shine Thursdays on my blog, in fact link up your posts every week. I always enjoy reading and know others will have the same appreciation for you that I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Yes Yes! Such life in these words. Great things are in store for you:-)
    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your positive and happy mindset, make it happen girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! And being decisive is the key. Once you've decide and stand firmly behind that decision, there is little that can cause you to waiver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the henna tattoo! I love the idea of being grateful every day. I completed a gratitude tree in my office just to teach my clients all about being grateful every single day!! Love following your journey lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! I feel like the older I get the more I realize that we are more in control of what happens in our lives than we think. Having a positive outlook and "deciding" to be happy or successful are the only ways to actually accomplish any of these things. Way to go for having such a great attitude :)

    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A positive attitude is so important these days!

      Delete
  10. You are just.. girl, you're amazing! I've been trying to find the words to be able to express exactly how I've been feeling these last few months and you've done it for me. These words are going to echo for me.. they already are. This is just so.. perfect at the perfect time. Thank you!

    After reading a post like this, the only thing left to say is AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this! it really takes us making up our mind to choosing greatness, happiness, peace and joy. I am excited for what the future and the present will bring you!

    ReplyDelete