Tuesday, July 29, 2014

This Life...

This life that I live, is uniquely mine. It's ups, and downs. Curve-balls, home runs & sometimes strikeouts. Hits & misses. Mix in a little dash of random fortune & abundant blessings....and you get me. Just living.

It's funny how life is. The moments where you feel like you have it all figured out are typically the times when God steps in and takes you down an entirely different course...a path that you never anticipated stepping foot on, a detour that didn't register on your google map. Sometimes we have difficulty enjoying the journey during the rough times, but one thing life has taught me is that even when things are bad it's almost guaranteed to get better. And most often, that better is greater than you ever could have imagined.

...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”
(1 Corinthians 2:9, NLT)

I know I've been super random all day, but my mind has been in a constant stage of randomness from the time I went to bed last night till now. Between re-reading the Alchemist, several conversations with friends & just enjoying the ride, I have really been thinking a lot about life. Different people have spoken words to me that I know had to come straight from the Lord.

"Peace be still." "A blessing is on the way." "You're exactly where you're supposed to be at this moment in time."

Last week, shall I say, was bullshit rough. WOrk was a nightmare & I completely was in a state of regret for my leaving my previous firm and coming over to my current firm. Everyone got on my nerves, and I literally wanted to pack up my belongings and run away from the office as fast as I could. Fortunately enough, everyone could sense my angst and by Friday things had calmed down a bit. I needed this past weekend to completely let go of all of that stress and to just detox....


On Friday, happy hour & a late night trip to The Flat set the scene for my unwinding. It felt good to just relax and let go,without feeling the strong desire to shove trial notices down anyones throat.

By the time Saturday night rolled around, I was feeling waaaaaaaayyyy better! Birthday festivities kicked off for one of my good friends & a good time was had by all. So much happened. So much so, that my best friend and I began to compile a list. Regretfully due to my oath of character & fitness I won't be able to share that list.... But, I digress.


The morning after....The Struggle Was Real.... Brunch was cancelled. We didn't return to life until that evening. We went to dinner and I was snuggly cloaked up in bed well before 10 pm on Sunday night....

My Monday was short due to a doctor's appointment & I was able to come home early to revel in the beauty of the new moon. (See, more randomness.) I like who I am becoming. I like that I am still learning to love myself. I appreciate where I am at. Yes, I often want more...and that's fine. But, this life. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I'm grateful for this life.

11 comments:

  1. This post spoke to me. Thanks for writing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thoughts- lots to absorb but so much truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that verse. and I'm grateful for life too -- the ups and downs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ending of this post spoke to me. i am enjoying following you on your journey...God is working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool blog! I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Fal. I read this post on FB from Joel Osteen the other day that I shared and it kind of goes with what you were saying towards the beginning of your post: "When lies bombard your mind, when you are most tempted to get discouraged, and when you feel like throwing in the towel—that’s not the time to give up. That’s the time to dig in your heels. Put on a new attitude. You’re closer than you think." I thought it was pretty cool, because its a beautiful way to look at everything. Thanks for sharing your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a fun and ridiculous weekend....sigh. I need more like it...maybe less activity with addition of a chest to lay on...yeah that sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete