Whew, but I digress.
This first day of November started off pretty chilly for Houston. I woke up early to head over to Minute Maid Park for the 2014 Houston Walk to End ALzheimer's. I actually had to pull out some remnants of winter clothing! I love the cold weather! I know what I consider cold is probably early summer to my blogger friends in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio...but ummm, for this Texas girl, I was good and chilly as I headed downtown... But back to the Walk....
A little while ago, I decided to start a walk-a-thon team and fortunately a lot of my friends who were either personally touched by the disease or just wanted to show support to the cause signed up to raise money and walk with me this morning. Team Make It Last Forever grew to 13 members and as of 1:00 pm this afternoon we had raised a total of $1551 for the Alzheimer's Association! I raised $590 individually which made me a Champions Club Vip, and I received a medal, VIP breakfast, a massage and a ton of photo ops this morning... Once I finished with all of the hoopla, I went back outside to meet up with my team and get prepped for the big walk...
We were cold, but once we did a quick warm up it was Ready, Set, Go time & we were off! The walk was a 5k, and we did two laps downtown around Minute Maid park and then past the courthouses, and finally back down Texas Ave. The energy was great and those steps weren't that bad with friends, laughter and conversation the entire way. I had a blast and it felt good to be a part of something so big....
Apparently I was overdressed for the occasion, whoopsie!!! Nonetheless it was a great turn out and a great time. My friends are the bomb and showed major love for me through supporting this cause.
After the walk we went to Barnaby's and had brunch on the patio. Granted it was probably 50-something degrees by that time, but for us Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas friend's it was cold as hell so we ate swiftly and went our separate ways! A great start to November if I do say so myself...
Although I didn't feel tired immediately following the walk, it hit me like a ton of bricks around 6 pm tonight & when I tell you I napped something awesome! I still feel tired. I had every intention of either going to the Grambling/Texas Southern football or out for a birthday gathering but I have not been able to peel myself out of these pajamas... It's cold, Prince is on SNL and all I want to do is cuddle up under a fleece blanket.
Happy November!!!!
Good job on raising money and doing the walk!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Delete