Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Hint of a Smile.....

These last two weeks were an absolute nightmare..... My daddy was hospitalized for over a week, and in all honesty I really didn't know what was going to happen. I probably cried a gallon of tears, but by the grace of God and numerous prayers......he was finally released & is at home recovering. Although he isn't back to 100% just yet, I'm still thankful that the Lord blessed us and allowed him to come home. I worry so much about him. He's 81. I need to seize every opportunity to let him know just how much he means to me. Shoot, after this ordeal I feel compelled to let everyone in my life know just how much they mean to me. Life man. Reality is a mofo........ 

You can't take anyone, any moment nor anything for granted. Nothing. At all......

I've been so drained. Mentally. Spiritually. Emotionally. Physically. All that crying and worrying takes a lot out of you.... But it has shown me that I have a lot of work to do in the faith department. I lacked strength. I forgot to turn to Him....

I still have a lot of growing to do... 
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart.."

Some people know all the right things to say to comfort you. There are people around me with an abundance of strength. 
I'm grateful to be surrounded by prayer warriors. 

This past Sunday the bestie & I got a chance to go see Corey Holcomb at the Improv. He was hilarious and it felt good to laugh. It felt good to smile. 



I've been told that it's best to smile through it all. The good times & bad. Regardless, always. Peace. Joy. I'm still working on being able to see the bright side in every situation. But I want to......

My work week has been busy.
Attorney-ing doesn't stop just because you are having a bad day (or week for that matter) so it's been business as usual. 

I'm trying to get back an inkling of normalcy and routine. I'm slowly but surely coming back to the real world. 

Last night, I went to the House of Blues where Neyo was performing. I bought the tickets way back in August like the same day I heard on the radio he was coming to town. I absolutely love him and have been a fan for over a decade now. He was amazing. My voice is still sore from singing every song lyric from the top of my lungs.... I feel as if I'm rambling. I don't care. 

But Neyo... He was great. 






Today is only Wednesday. Hump day. Two more days to make it to the weekend. 

Scorpio season starts tomorrow. A new moon. That means November is almost here. Birthday time. That excites me...

I'm prayerful. My list of needs & desires. Strength.  The ability to smile through it all. A hint of a smile... Right now that's all I can manage. 

8 comments:

  1. My birthday is next month too! I'm glad your dad is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for November birthdays!!! And thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Hope all is well with your dad!! Neyo would be a fun concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, Fal. But isn't it funny when something like that happens and we do truly get to take a look at what we maybe thought we had, that we didn't. Jesus definitely uses those times as opportunities for us to make some differences. I hope you have tried to do things a bit differently since that has happened to possibly change and strengthen your relationship with you dad. And like you said, really, everyone around you! Its so important to be intentional! I wrote about it a few weeks back. I also would have loved to get out and laugh and enjoy myself. So that is so good you did! I am saying prayers again today to those who would like them on my blog! Take care, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reality really is a mofo. Mustering a smile when I'm feeling all down, sad and negative is sometimes the best I can do. That in itself means that I know that things will get better.

    Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to your dad. I've been going through the same as you and it has been hard. But sometimes all you can do it look up and know that no matter what God always has your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl reality is a straight mofo smdh! Ill be praying for us both!

      Delete