My best friend from law school came down for the weekend to see my new place and for birthday QT since it had been a year since we saw each other last. We headed out the door minutes after her arrival to make an 8pm dinner reservation... I honestly wasn't in the mood for celebrations this year, but another girlfriend of mine encouraged me to at the least have dinner or something to prevent me from spending the Friday before my birthday in pajamas... so we were off to Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood.
I kept it intimate, and small with only a couple of my girlfriends. The positive energy and light was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits. We eat good, talked about life and of course took photos before heading home...
My friend and I were up bright & early the next morning for the 2015 Walk to End Alzheimer's. Since I was a team captain, I was responsible for organizing the team meet up and getting shirts for everyone. Everyone was in good spirits for the walk, despite the terrible weather but we braved the storm and not only finished the walk but exceeded our team fundraising goal! I'm kind of upset I missed my personal goal of $500 by a measly $125, but I am still happy that collectively we raised over $1350 to support the cause!
After the walk, we grabbed lunch, made a pit stop at Target & returned home to a sick puppy. I won't even let all the
After that horrific clean up, I deserved some rest. And rest we did. Hours passed, and we slept, and slept and slept. We were so lazy, that we didn't even want to get to cook food, or leave to get anything. Another friend from law school came through in the clutch. Not only did he bring us food, he pretty much got us exactly what we wanted based off a list of cravings we sent him. Real MVP, he stayed and played life catch up with us while we sat on our couch looking homeless in our headscarves and me in my duster. We were literally falling asleep on him by the time he finally left....
I slept in Sunday morning, and afternoon & probably would have continued to sleep had I not told my friends to meet us at 1:45 pm to carpool to the Renaissance Festival. We finally made it to the fairgrounds after about an hour ride into the middle of the country. We even saw confederate flags flying along the way deeper into the country. When we finally made it, we were instantly transported back in time to the days of knights and wizards.
The Renaissance Festival was so much fun! The perfect mix of friends, and just an overall good time....
We walked around for hours eating, drinking, shopping, site-seeing and my best friend from college & I were even able to get our palms read...
My friends are insane! I wouldn't have it any other way.
I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked, but the jokes will forever be etched in my mind.
Good times, great people, excellent wine.
I made Monday, my actual birthday a mental health day & took a day away from the office. I had a spa appointment scheduled, as well a few other to-do's but overall I just wanted a tranquil birthday.
First off, the spa treatment gave me my ENTIRE life. Raindrop therapy. If your spa offers it, splurge and go for it. Definitely worth it....
After spa day, we grabbed food and went back to my place for a bit while my cable got installed....
It took, a while.
Then finally they were done, and we ran to the mall to test our chakra stability in Aveda.... Apparently, my 7th chakra needs balancing....
It's my goal to work on that alignment.
I ended my birthday with my family. We ate, they sang happy birthday, and I was officially 34.....
So many emotions flooded over me, and I legit spent the last few hours of my birthday in tears....
Once I get my crown chakra back where it needs to be I'll be good,
until then, the way my chakras set up.
My birthday was far from my norm, but perfect nonetheless.
It was filled with all of the right elements, vibes, feelings and people....
This year will be better than the next.
Cheers.








You look so fabulous!
ReplyDeleteGlad your birthday was perfect even if it was celebrated differently this year. I also think that the tears shed likely needed to be let out. I know mine did. I hope that this year is kind to you. Happy belated birthday !
34 looks good on you!!!
ReplyDelete