Monday, November 30, 2015

iBooks & Chill



One of my sister-friends asked what was going on with me as of late since we didn't have the opportunity to chat one on one after her tribe meeting/bridal planning committee brunch. My answer was pretty straight forward. Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm riding the no news is good news wave until the wheels fall off. 

I can't believe today is already the last day of November. That means this year is almost a wrap. Do I have any major plans for the month of December? Kinda, but not really. 

A quick turnaround trip for a holiday party hosted by a law firm in Atlanta. Some holiday get togethers, and finally some additional rest & relaxation days off from work before 2016 kicks into gear. 

Thanksgiving was a blur. Peaceful, serene. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be, but still a very solemn gathering of family. I came, I ate, then I retreated back to my place and spent the majority of my weekend on the couch or in my bed reading. 

I didn't feel like shopping, socializing, not even really moving.... I can't say I regret having such a lazy extended weekend, and I sort of feel like it was exactly what my soul needed. 

Rejuvenation. 
Peace. 
iBooks and chill. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to do what brings peace to our heart!
    2016 can you believe it? Gosh the older I get the faster the years fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekend was quite similar to yours -- except no awesome, cool pow wow. :womp:

    I enjoyed lounging around the house in sweatpants eating leftover Thanksgiving food. I didn't feel an ounce of guilt at. all.

    And look at that fur baby being a good baby.. lol!

    ReplyDelete