Sunday, February 28, 2016

Leap Year

Let me start off by saying that my February was as mundane, lackluster, unmotivated and uninspired as my January. 

I had every intent to work out, eat better, create, write and a long list of other blah blah blahs and to-dos ready to go at the beginning of the month, but after I got back from New Orleans I retreated to my chaise lounge armed with the comfy-est blanket, my nook & my Netflix and just said nah. I didn't feel like being bothered with people, parking, paying, driving, or even getting dressed for that matter. I just wasn't feeling it. At all.....

There were some moments of getting myself together. A museum trip, brunch day, some book club discussions, a few lunch/dinner dates with some near & dears to me, but outside of those few moments of elation, my month has been meh. 

But thankfully, February has decided to give me an extra day to get over whatever rut that's been plaguing my existence and get myself ready to fully recover for March. 

I know it's normal to be in a funk. Life has been pretty busy on the work front, and just in general. But still, at some point I know I have to get over myself and just make some moves in the right direction. I always feel better when I have something to look forward to and thankfully there are some things on the horizon that should motivate me to roll over and get my life. 

March is always filled with sunshine, patios, birthdays and daylight savings time. I'm thinking the sun may hold the key to my mood doing a turnaround.....

I randomly bought a ticket to Puerto Rico for April a couple of weeks ago, and that alone is motivation enough for me to push the queso aside and downward dog or something! I mean, I would like to rock a two piece in paradise. With no shame, of course. 

Moving along.....

With that being said, today is my last day of whatever it is I've been going through. I'm changing my outlook to something more positive and I'm definitely looking forward to March! 



4 comments:

  1. Good luck in the change this month. I know the winter month and after the holidays I do not feel like doing much of anything either

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with being in a rut sometimes. I think that we all need it at times to put things into perspective... to help us appreciate certain things more when we're finally out of our ruts and out living life.

    I'm sure you will find a balance and I hope you have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete