Updates. I told myself that I needed to get myself in check. Physically, mentally, spiritually, just basically everything-ally.
One thing I really needed to do was get my prayer life back on track. Moment of honesty, I'd gotten so used to the habit of not talking to God, that I almost completely forgot to do it all together. I wasn't praying. Not at all. Not for anything. Not even consciously thinking about it. How? I don't know. I can't pinpoint a when, why or true how, I just know I wasn't doing it. After a verbal lashing from one of my best friends, Itold myself that I needed to stop with the bs & get that consistent relationship and open dialogue back in tact. My soul depended on it. And thus far, I have been doing better. But I really want to focus on prayer, and strengthening my faith as I know that has always been something I struggle with.
My body. In no means am I overweight. I weight 136lbs, which is like 6lbs above my goal weight. But am I in shape? Hell no. Am I ready to sport a barely there swim suit on the beach in Puerto Rico next month with no shame? In my opinion, no. But I am working on it. I said I would work out everyday this month for 30 mins in the morning and learn a new yoga pose at night before bed, and put forth a consorted effort to either run (brisk walk?) or utilize the gym in my complex over the weekend. So far, so good. Except my hair. That needs help. It's hard being natural & wearing your hair straight, which I prefer and working out. It has definitely been a struggle on that end.
I am having to get used to washing it everyday and just throwing coconut oil in there and praying for the best when I take my scarf off in the morning. I'm lazy as heck and genuinely despise working out. Like I hate it. I enjoy the burst of energy, but everything else about it I'm good. My whole body hurts. Apparently that's a good thing, but I'll pass.
I'm trying to combat the negativity, the overthinking, the hibernation from the world...... all of that I'll say is definitely in the realm of work in progress. I'm looking forward to daylight savings time though and the extra sunlight to help me out on that end.
March has promise and I can definitely dig that. I'm looking forward to everything that it has in store & I am hoping that it is way more than my expectations.
But March is....... so far, so good.

You go girl! :) And pack me in your suitcase for PR! I will be living vicariously through you.
ReplyDeleteHaha, the hair and the gym do not go hand in hand at all but I love the way your hair looks in this picture!
I hate having to do my hair after workouts. I need a personal post workout stylist to come over nightly lol
DeleteThe woes of natural hair. I have been utterly frustrated with mine and the longer it gets, the more difficult it is to keep up with it. Yours looks pretty good though. I love the way it looks.
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your vacation!
Natural is harder than people think to maintain! Especially if you are doing more than just wash and go styles. Thanks for the compliment!
Delete