Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Whirlwind.

Tumultuous or rapid: the date is March 22, 2016, and the term whirlwind would be the only accurate depiction of how these last few weeks of existence have been. I'm probably being only 75% overly dramatic at the moment, but in a nutshell these days have been moving by hella swift. 

It feels like I was just in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and here I am now less than a month away from my "spring break" trip to Puerto Rico. I was doing so well with my daily work outs, but the way day light savings time was set up, I've fell off tremendously. But, with 24 days to go until I will be beachside, I still think there is a chance for some slim fine miracles to occur. If not, I have some pretty cute caftans. Moving along.....

Oh life. God has a sense of humor. Sometimes I can't tell if He's making me go through experiences for the lesson, or merely for the laughter. His laughter of course, not mine at least until a few weeks later when things don't seem as bad. I just cannot. Condensed version of this story, if something or someone seems too good to be true, or if something happens too easily, it probably isn't worth it at all. I had a "situation" fall into my lap recently, and it took a lot of convincing on my part to not let the situation get too complicated, messy or drama-filled. Although it was rather tempting, I had to recheck my own self worth and just say that apparently I need to still be waiting for the right person and not settling, forcing or sharing that right person with anybody else.  But I digress.


 Friends can definitely help you put a lot of things in perspective. I had to call an executive advisory board meeting to work myself out of this situation. I'm grateful for the genuine people in my life who aren't afraid to tell me I'm screwing up, or even be so brutally honest with me that I have no choice but to bravely face reality. Friendship has always been something I hold up there with my list of most important things. Beside my family, my network of REAL friends have kept me sane plenty of days. Friendship to me isn't based off the number of years you have known someone, how you know someone or why you know someone. It's all what they bring into your life whether it's support, encouragement or even just a non-biased opinion. One thing I truly hope is that I never lose sight of the importance of friendship. While the roles change, and the frequency of interactions may lesson as life gets too busy, I never want to end up one of those people who gets so caught up in what they have going on that they've lost all of their friends. I understand that marriage, and having children changes things, it just seems like a sad existence to lose that part of yourself completely. It seems miserable actually. So kudos to everyone who has managed to not forget about your single girlfriends who may not be living the same existence as you are, but who still value and cherish your friendship and still need you in some form or capacity. End rant. 

There are only a few days left in March, so I am hoping they are good ones. T'is the season for Spring finally making an appearance, even though it's been slightly cold here. I just want to enjoy these extra hours of sunshine as best as I can. March, I can say has not been that bad to me. I'm actually looking forward to riding this wave.....

3 comments:

  1. Friends are everything. Happy spring, keep smiling and best wishes always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad March isn't treating you too badly! Enjoy the beach. It's been calling my name lately as summer gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the friends who tell you like it is are the best friends. They know when you need a reality check, when you just need an ear or shoulder to lean on or when you just want to vent and don't want anyone's opinion ;)

    I'm glad that March has been kind to you. And Puerto Rico! I can't wait to see all the fun you have via Instagram, haha.

    ReplyDelete