Let's just say that I failed miserably at Januarying. My January was just too cold, too dark, too mundane and it ended with me being sick. The funny thing is, it wasn't even cold everyday in January. It just had a chill about it that I did not like. So February.
Let's just say that I'm metaphorically pressing restart on the year and using this month as a do over. The plans, the to do's, the lists. I'm actually going to do something off one of them. I'm going to leave the excuse and strife that was January, in January. I'm going to get over myself and move forward.
Rolling with the punches. Let's just say that I had a one punch, to completely knocked out spirit about me these last couple of weeks. It's like I had so much momentum and just like that life changed and I had to regroup. I didn't approach that change optimistically and kind of retreated into myself versus working around it or altering my plans to fit the current situation. I'm a work in progress, but I'm trying to relinquish my strong desire to control everything in my life. I'm trying. Work. In. Progress.... But I'm okay now. Life doesn't stop with one minor wrinkle in the fold. Just saying.....
February will be better. January wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. February will.
Next stop New Orleans......

Chile. I hit the ground running and now I'm tired. February is going to undermine all of my hard work from January!
ReplyDeleteLol! As long as there is a bounce back come March
DeleteAs long as you're trying..
ReplyDeleteThe start to January was rough for me as well and I ended up hitting restart halfway through. I think that may have helped a bit. Lol!
And to me, I think knowing that in life you can choose to change and begin again at anytime in life is a blessing. We just have to find the strength to do so.
Agreed!
Delete