Friday, December 29, 2017

A Learning Curve

Many say the definition of insanity is someone doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results each time. Needless to say, I've been called insane too many times to count in my thirty-something years of living and learning in this lifetime. I'm hardheaded. I want what I want, I need what I don't. I'm easily distracted by all the pretty things, by the beards. I get my rocks off on limitations. Tell me I can't have something (or someone) and of course it is my life mission to prove to the world myself ... Well, prove to someone that I can indeed have what eludes me. I still haven't figured out who I'm proving this to or why, but I digress...

As I sit and reflect on my year, I realize that twenty-seventeen was filled with a lot of repetition. A lot of it was self-inflicted, with me making a conscious effort to continue behaviors or find myself in situations where I knew the likelihood of a repeat outcome were more likely than not. Other times, I believe the optimist hidden deep below the surface of my usual pessimism just saw that small glimmer of hope and genuinely believed that maybe things would turn out differently that go round. Granted, I was usually wrong. But in the midst of my failing to adhere to my resounding intuition, I finally came to the realization that all of the insanity I subjected myself to, the same thing, over and over again... accepting whatever just because I hate waving that white flag in surrender, ignoring signs, disregarding vibes, silent acquiescent... It was all necessary for me to finally learn an important lesson that had been escaping me for far too long. This last bout of insanity was necessary.

Contrary to popular belief, we all fall short of perfection. We aren't dropped into this world with a "My Life for Dummies" manual and enough pocket change to make it until we finally land our pre-ordained forever careers. As much as I love 'The Giver' please have read that book or at least seen the movie that is just not how our existence was meant to be. We have to figure things out on our own. A lot of mistakes have to be made, a lot of fuck ups, with even more what the fucks. Life is hard. Some of us learn our lessons the first go round, then there are others like myself who find themselves on that learning curve where it damn near takes an anvil falling on our heads to get the point. And that's okay.

A learning curve. That phenomenon where the same task is repeated continuously in a series of trials, or when a body of knowledge has to be learned over time. Some lessons take time to grasp. Some take pain, tears and confusion. Others may feel like a lot of time wasted, but in essence that time ultimately was spent making sure that all the knowledge that needed to be imparted in you truly was.

A learning curve.

My 2017 was exposure. I was gifted the same sets of problems wrapped in different packages. I was exposed to the bad, but in those moments I was finally able to recognize the good. People will continue to treat you the same way over and over again if you allow them to. To an extent, yes it is insane to stay in a situation that is completely breaking you. But in the midst of such, that learning curve is exposing you to the things you don't want while equally cultivating in you the things that you then learn that you need. For me it took a lot of realization on my part to finally see for myself the things I was settling for. Ultimately it was accepting responsibility for my actions that truly enlightened me. This year I was forced to ask myself why I was accepting so much less than I deserved. I had to face reality head on and truly take a moment to reassess my worth, and for me, self-worth was so important that it took time for me to master it. Self-worth was my body of knowledge that this year intended for me to master. It took time, but for the first time I am able to verbalize my desires and set boundaries for the things I am willing to accept in my life. Twenty-seventeen was liberating, and as it's ending I am thankful that I learned the lessons I needed to in Order to recognize the rewards that obviously lay at the end of that curve for me. Innuendo, don't mind if I do...

I struggled this year to be consistent. My doubts and insecurities sometimes overshadowed my reasoning, but in the end I am grateful. I am grateful for the direction. I trust myself enough now to trust the path that I'm on. I've finally made it to the other side of the learning curve and this year I did not curve out. I'm learning to accept the lessons, but most importantly I am learning to trust myself and my process. I'm not insane, I'm just in need of thorough instruction, with the promise of a gold star at the end of the lesson.

I'm ready for the reward.


3 comments:

  1. I always have so much to say while I'm a few sentences in and then when I make it to the end, you always leave me completely speechless. I WISH I could express how perfectly this resonates with my life -- both in the past and now. Lessons most definitely repeat themselves until we learn what there is to learn and apply it to our lives. Where that application can help us evolve. Trust, if we all could forego torturing ourselves, I think most of us would. But we all live imperfect lives. It's just our nature. And we all just try to live these imperfect lives as gracefully as we can.

    Here's to 2018 -- I hope you are ready for this reward. And I pray you cling to it.

    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get your ex back with a love spell that works fast.
      Dr.Jumba has helped thousands of women get their Ex boyfriends back using his real effective love Spell. After my boyfriend of one year broke up with me, I could barely speak without crying. I felt blindsided and didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I could get him back and the anxiety was unbearable. I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So I contacted this great spell caster for help. He helped me cast a return love spell on him and just within 11 hours my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Dr. Jumba released him to know how much I loved and wanted him. And He also opened his eyes to picture how much love we have shared together. As I am writing this testimony right now I am the happiest woman on earth. I want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to a love break up. Email him at wiccalovespelltools@yahoo.com , wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him: +19085174108 "I'm so grateful and can say that if you have been broken up with and want to get that person back, Dr.Jumba is the best! I'll never forget how much he helped me
      WEBSITE : drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. שלום לכולם, אני כאן כדי לשתף עדות קטנה. שמי מילנה דנטה, אני בת 40, התחתנתי בגיל 29, יש לי רק ילד אחד וחייתי באושר ועושר עד עצם היום הזה. אחרי שנה של נישואים בעלי נהיה כל כך מוזר ואני לא ממש מבינה מה קורה, הוא ארוז מהבית לאישה אחרת, אני אוהבת אותו כל כך שאני אף פעם לא חולמת לאבד אותו, אני מנסה כמיטב יכולתי לוודא שבעלי יחזור אליי, אבל הכל בלי עזרה, בכי ובכי ובקשה לעזרה, דיברתי על זה עם המשפחה שלו אבל לא קיבלתי תשובה. אז חברתי הטובה ביותר אנה יוהנסון הבטיחה לעזור לי. היא סיפרה לי על אדם בשם ד"ר אפטה, אמרה לי שהוא גבר גדול מאוד וגבר אמיתי שאפשר לסמוך עליו ואין לו שום קשר לבעיות אהבה שהוא לא יכול לפתור והיא סיפרה לי איך הוא עזר לאינספור אנשים לשקם את מערכת היחסים שלהם. הייתי ממש משוכנעת, ויצרתי קשר במהירות עם כתובת הדוא"ל שלו, drapata4@gmail.com או עם הוואטסאפ או ה-VIBER שלו עם המספר הזה (+447307347648). הסברתי לו את כל הבעיות שלי, הוא אמר לי שאני לא צריכה לדאוג שכל הבעיות שלי ייפתרו מיד. הוא אמר לי מה לעשות כדי להחזיר את בעלי, ואמרתי את זה, הוא אמר שאחרי 3 ימים בעלי יחזור ויתחיל להתחנן, וזה באמת קרה כמו שהוא אמר, הייתי מאוד מופתעת, זה כל כך מדהים. התהילה של מערכת היחסים שלנו עם אלוהים קרובה מאוד עכשיו ושנינו חיים באושר ועושר עד עצם הימים. אם את נתקלת בבעיה דומה, צרי איתו קשר מיד ופתרי את הבעיה אחת ולתמיד. אני גם עדה חיה..

    ReplyDelete