Sunday, February 16, 2014

VDay and all that Jazz...

My week has been pretty quiet, but I did have some Valentine's Day fun with a few friends. Thursday night, we went to an event at the Mosaic & Friday night we had dinner at one of our favorite spots, Chuy's. It was all very low-key, but we still decided to make the most of it & enjoy our intimate dinner. My friend also gave me the best Valentine's gift ever, my fake engagement ring along with the perfect proposal. Saturday, I literally did not leave the bed for more than probably a total of 30 minutes all day. I was just drained & felt the need to disconnect for the day. I woke up refreshed this morning, and hung out with my guy friend the majority of the day. Since I have to work in the morning, despite it being President's Day I have pretty much chilled out watching the NBA All-Star on TV....


It's so hard for me to just chill out, but I am definitely taking the advice of the majority of you ladies & just enjoying this time to myself. I guess it really does seem like the grass is always greener on the other side, but I definitely do not want to take this moment in time for granted. The Lord definitely has a plan for my life, and I want to enjoy the journey just as much as the final destination. I just feel like I'm always in a rush to do everything. I want the world, but don't want to take the time to get there. Patience has always been my downfall. I need to walk by faith. Even when there were barriers, He always made a way for me & I just need to remember that. For the remainder of the month I am turning all the way down, and taking the time to reflect and be steadfast in prayer. February is almost over, and I definitely need to get my life before it ends :)

6 comments:

  1. You look so fabulous. Love your dress! I love that you got a proposal, so cute!

    I have no patience either but it's funny how when things switch up for you, you just begin to get it. I can't believe February is almost over ... how are the months moving so fast?! You will get your life, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2014 is moving so fast! Thanks for your encouragement. You have no idea how much it means to me!

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how God will
    Take the one thing you want the most to work on an area of need. Mine has always been patience too!! And He always takes time to teach me a few things! Love that dress...so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience is a tough one for so many people but I'm definitely working on it! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  3. omg you look too cute!! glad you got to chill and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience is key! Love what you did for Vday, sounds like it was fun! I know I'm late but I'm catching up on posts :)

    ReplyDelete