I survived my first week at my new office, and met up with a friend for happy hour Friday.... Hmm, let's just say I under-estimated the strength of the margaritas at Cyclone Anaya's. You really do only need one. But I digress.... And plead the fifth....
Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
A Taste of Spring....
The weather this weekend was perfection! It finally felt like Spring for a chance, and I was able to get out and enjoy it for a bit this weekend before I came home to rest & prepare for the upcoming work week.
I survived my first week at my new office, and met up with a friend for happy hour Friday.... Hmm, let's just say I under-estimated the strength of the margaritas at Cyclone Anaya's. You really do only need one. But I digress.... And plead the fifth....

I survived my first week at my new office, and met up with a friend for happy hour Friday.... Hmm, let's just say I under-estimated the strength of the margaritas at Cyclone Anaya's. You really do only need one. But I digress.... And plead the fifth....
My Saturday was spent getting pretty, then attending a family event & being lazy on my friend's couch the remainder of the day. He ended up going out that night, so I finally came home to count sheep.
I usually wear my hair super straight, but lately I've been really enjoying volume for the Spring. My hair is natural, so after washing it, I sat under the dryer, then my hair was curled with the flat-iron. I find that this look actually lasts longer than when I get my hair pressed. I've been taking it back to the old school & sleeping with foam rollers on the ends to keep the curls bouncing.... I need to be more adventurous with my hair, but unfortunately I can only do so much due to my profession & the humidity down here. Oh, and my laziness. That also plays a factor, but this is definitely a start for me.
I woke up feeling even lazier than I normally do on a Sunday morning... Dr. Jeremiah Wright was the guest speaker at my church, and I watched his sermon online... My friends and I made the last minute decision to meet up for brunch at Black Walnut Cafe. This was my first time going, so I was super excited & happy that my New Orleans Noodle dish was so tasty! Today was so pretty that everyone was out & about enjoying the day. After we finished eating, we walked down to Half Price Books so I could find an Excel for Dummies (and, thank goodness I did) so I could prepare myself for work. I'm using a completely different skills set in my new role, & I really need to learn how to work Excel to complete reports etc. etc.
After parting ways with my girls, I ran a few errands & returned home to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It rained like crazy this weekend ... so did not love it! I can't wait for Spring weather to stick around.
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks so good in curls! Love, love, love it!
And your meal looks delicious ... I want to jump into it.
And seriously, how is that March flew so quickly?! Scary how quickly time is flying.
And I love what you said at the ending of the post ... it's perfect!
The fact that we are four months into the new year is crazy! It'll be summer before you know it! Yikes.
DeleteYour hair looks amazing! Love the curls and the pretty highlights. Oh how I love a freshly done do!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
DeleteLove the hair. I just embarked on a no heat challenge so I need to get me some of those rollers so that my ends aren't looking dried and frayed.
ReplyDeleteI missed you going to a new office. I need to go back and read and see what's going on!!
These rollers have been a life saver. Especially since it's been humid out here those rollers have kept me from having to do anything with my hair. And they leave a lot of body when u wrap your hair after having the curls in. Beauty supply store!!!!
DeleteOk, first off I love your hair with the curls. I want to do mine like this - sorry but if I do I will post it and link back to you! Haha! Anyways, glad you had an amazing weekend and that food looks delish! April will be wonderful and God is so good all the time so it's great to remind ourselves that! Happy Spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks! With the temps rising down here I think my summer will be definitely be spent with the curls. Happy Spring to you as well!
Delete