Sunday, March 9, 2014

lately...

My friend introduced me to a new life mantra... "I am confident & capable." I've been repeating this whenever I feel any slivers of doubt creeping into my mind. My March is already a whirlwind, and it's only 9 days in... So many things on the horizon, and I am so grateful to the Lord for blessing me beyond my wildest of dreams. These last couple of weeks I have been praying for a lot of different things, and trying to remain steadfast with my faith... I'm trying to stay centered and remind myself that no matter what, the Lord will always make a way for us.

Moving along....

Instead of it actually feeling like the month of March in Texas, it's been cold. This is so unlike Texas & I really can't remember it ever being so cold for this long. In true Houston form, we had one day of temperatures in the upper 80's and by the next morning I was back in my coat. But at least I got to feel Spring-like for one day before I was back in layers...



We celebrated Mardi Gras by hitting up Pappadeaux for swamp things (a drink similar to a hurricane) and got commemorative glasses... It definitely wasn't New Orleans, but at least it felt like we were there, lol...

I went to the Rockets vs Miami Heat game on Fat Tuesday! It was a great game, even though we only stayed in our actual seats for not even 15 mins... Long story, but definitely fun-tastic! And we won! We made some new friends at the game who insisted on keeping our glasses full, so we were on another level by the time we left. We made a pit-stop for food & ended up on a short adventure before I finally headed home for the night... P.S. It was freezing by the time Tuesday rolled around, so I finally got to wear my fur.. My friend said she felt like she was going to the game with one of the cast members from Basketball Wives. At least I was warm....


I got bored with wearing my hair straight, so I've been using foam rollers to switch things up a bit...I may actually try a twist-out or other non-heat hair style once the temperatures rise up a bit. Natural hair is so diverse, but I digress...

My friend and I went to the rodeo this past Friday, for Black Heritage Night & a performance by Usher. The rodeo is a major event in Houston, and I definitely wanted to make sure he experienced it since he is new to the city. I enjoyed watching him stare in disbelief at all the people walking around in full rodeo gear...head to toe boots, cowboys & the whole nine yards. We take the rodeo serious down here! I didn't take too many pictures because my iPhone is in serious need of retirement, and the battery keeps draining anytime I try to take photos, or text...or pretty much do anything with my phone... *insert side eye

I did manage to take this selfie of myself in my new glasses which I love! I told myself that I would smile more.... I guess that goes with the whole "confident" aspect of the mantra...


Anyway, I dedicated the month of March to progress & strengthening faith. So far, so good. I'm already over Daylight Savings Time, but I do plan to spend the remainder of my Sunday being productive & prepping for the rest of the work week.... Two of my girlfriends are celebrating their birthdays this upcoming weekend, so I will need all the rest & calm I can get this week before then.... I'm just hoping it warms up.

17 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and you have a gorgeous smile! Glad you'll be smiling more!

    Great mantra ... need that in my life too.

    You've been having so much fun, I'm jealous. I feel like my fun time has been on standstill due to this ridiculous weather. Can't wait for spring even though I get crazy allergies.

    And you got to see Usher! Yup, I'm jealous :)

    Here's to a fabulous March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get super bad allergies too, and warm here is usually ignorantly hot so I should probably just hush and enjoy the break before summer but alas I must complain right lol. Usher was so good! I wish you lived closer!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Ma'am what was that drink with the strawberries and cucumber in it? I need the deets on that. A fur in Texas? You better do it.

    Keep repeating your mantra until it becomes second nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said it was sangria, we still have no clue but it was yummy. It tasted like prosecco with strawberries in it to me lol

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the straight hair thing! I get so bored with it, too! And then I get bored with my curly hair..I'm always changing haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the best post I have read..I might have to borrow your mantra...Confidence is so important...your so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband loves the Heat! He'd be so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I like the heat too but only when they're not playing the home team ;) then I'm team Houston Rockets

      Delete
  6. those drinks look amaze! and it's been cold in ATL too, but slowly warming up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need for it to be like 70 and just stay there ;)

      Delete
  7. seriously your hair is amazing!! and i love the mantra....i might need to use that one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete