For my birthday, the thing I desired most was peace. I did a lot of research of places I could go to for a quick weekend trip, but the mountains kept calling my name and I eventually decided on Sedona, Arizona. First all, I'd like to go on the record and say Sedona is literally the most beautiful place I have ever seen in real life. The stark contrast between Phoenix and Sedona is mind blowing, and I am happy I was able to experience it.
I flew into Phoenix, and once my best friend from law school landed, we headed straight to Sedona. The drive was dark and very
scary mountainous. I've never driven in the mountains before, so I was a little horrified to say the least at being on a one lane highway at a 4000 ft elevation going up and down, and up and up and up and up and down, for over an hour. By the time we made it, the temperature had dropped drastically, so we checked into our hotel quickly, layered up and headed to get food. We ate like Kings, giggled, and were probably in bed sound asleep before midnight. We had no real agenda outside of finding our happy. Basically, I needed an Eat, Pray, Love kind of weekend, so that was our goal. Sedona is not very well-lit at night time, so we were not quite prepared for what we would see when the sun came up the next day.
It was breath-taking to say the least....








The Red Rocks of Sedona are the perfect backdrop for zen. The energy is the most peaceful I've ever experienced. Sedona is literally everything.
While we were there we ate, shopped, hiked Sugar Loaf Summit and Thunder Mountain, visited the Cathedral Rock vortex, prayed at the Buddist stupa, stumbled across a random estate sale at the bottom of the Cathedral Rock vortex, and really just enjoyed the freedom of being there with no plans or responsibilities.
This trip was everything that I needed and more & I cannot wait to go back when I need another life recharge. I'm also happy for my time spent in Phoenix, catching up with a close friend from law school who recently relocated there. Some reunions are essential to the soul...
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
I've never had Sedona on my list of places to go but this post makes me want to add it asap! Such gorgeous backdrops! Love that you received the rejuvenation you craved!
ReplyDeleteSedona is PERFECT. I've had it and New Mexico -albequrque or white sands on my list for forever. It's a great getaway for a group, solo or as a couple. I loved everything about it.
DeleteYou chose the perfect place for peace. I LOVE sedona so much! It really is beautiful, relaxing, calming, and everything else good for the soul. Glad you had a nice time there.
ReplyDeleteNature definitely has a way of providing us with everything that we need when we need it. (Not sure why we are destroying it, but that's neither here nor there today) I literally cannot wait to go here. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!
ReplyDelete