Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fantasia, Scrapes, Bruises & Other Happenings

Warning...... if gross things such as blood, scabs & bruises bother you don't scroll down to my last photo.... 

Anyways....

I had the pleasure of seeing Fantasia Barrino of American Idol fame Sunday night at the arena theater. She was AMAZING! 

From the moment she kicked her shoes off onstage, she had us singing and dancing like crazy in our seats. She is a very soulful singer and had the crowd In the palm of her hands the entire time. 

It was a very well worth it show and I'm glad my friends and I had a great time. 









I left the concert in a wonderful mood and was fully prepared to enjoy what was left of my Sunday night. I sang the whole way home & was joyous and carefree....

When I got home, I casually walked up to open the front door when I saw a huge pair of eyes staring at me. I screamed and ran back to my car so I could call for someone to open the door for me. 

Adjacent to the door was a huge green insect the size of my palm with a face that looked somewhat reptile, but had the body of a hummingbird of sorts. It had a face big enough for me to recognize its facial expression that read "why in the hell are you here trying to disturb me?"  Not even exaggerating....

I'm terrified of bugs. Anything that can fly, jump or hiss sends terrifying chills down my spine. Bees, lightening bugs, sweet Jesus don't even get me started on water bugs... but I digress. 

Well once the door was open, I called myself trying to sprint up the stairs but right as I had almost made it inside I heard the flutter of wings close to my ear and stumbled hard as hell face first into the stairs. 

Luckily I broke my fall with my shoulder, but I ended up scraping the skin off my knee and when I woke up yesterday morning I had a huge bruise on my arm. 

I was in so much pain yesterday and last night that I ended up leaving my office a little  early because it hurt to move my arm. 

Fortunately the swelling has went down a little, but I'm still in pain. 

Talk about embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I caused an insect who was probably more scared of me than I was of him to almost cause me to seriously injure myself. 

I told my mom what had happened and she admonished me and said she hopes I learned my lesson and can finally get over my fears. Quite honestly I think I learned my lesson and more.

I question God so often, like why am I not married or why don't I have children etc. etc., but in reality I may not be ready for all of that. Maybe I'm reading to into this but, I still have my quirks and growing pains and god forbid I did have a baby. Would I have tossed it at the hiss of some random mutant insect? 

Probably not, but still the fact that I'm in so much pain today over wings flapping really makes me think that I have a lot of maturing and over coming fears left in me. 

Maybe I don't have all those things right now for a reason. I mean, I can't even change my bandaid without gagging so um yeah.... Changing a diaper? Nah. 

Everything happens for a reason and right when it is supposed to. Lessons are learned in the strangest way, but Lord I hear you loud and clear and I am happy exactly where you have me at the moment. 

Now I must overcome that fear...... or else pray that The Lord sends me a man who is an exterminator.... or not ;) 






8 comments:

  1. LOL, that was hilarious...specifically the part about possibly throwing your baby at any hissing insects that terrify you. Next time bark, stomp towards it and try and chase it away from you before running. I didn't look at the last pictures because you said not to, but I love Fantasia too and those pics were great. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl that is excellent advice. I have no idea why I didn't just throw something at it first smh

      Delete
  2. First so glad you had a great time at her concert! She really is soulful!

    And yikes girl! You really did a number on yourself. So sorry! I have a feeling I would have had the same reaction. I don't like strange bugs/animals, etc. your mom is funny though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely hate bugs. I'm working on being brave but geesh :(

      Delete
  3. ooh that looks painful..hope you feel better soon. i think fantasia looks amazing nowadays...im sure she is fun in concert. did she wear her heels? i've seen a concert of her where she took off her shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl she kicked her shoes off seconds after she came on stage & did her entire show barefoot. It was awesome!

      Delete
  4. get well soon! lol at that last sentence -- best of luck, great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete