I'm giving up on trying to calculate how many 30th birthdays are left to celebrate, because apparently I didn't realize how
My August thus far has been hot, sweaty & busy. The everyday heat advisories are getting old. As the temperatures rise, the more I miss having a relaxer. Natural hair (when pressed) and humidity do not mix..... I'm over it. But luckily, there are probably only two more months of insane heat in Texas...
This week/weekend Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. had their Nation Convention (Konklave)in the city. That meant 15,000 fraternity members roaming the streets of Houston, parties galore & lots of eye candy. I am sad to see the convention come to an end... I haven't seen that many attractive men in this city, ever. But I digress.....
We hung out with the Nupes Friday night, and part of Saturday night. On Saturday, a friend from high school celebrated her 30th with a backyard birthday bash. It was hot. Once I felt my hair growing into a ball of fluff, I was glad to run inside...and not come back out. I can't deal with the outside, in the heat, with the hair. I can't. Sorry. Fortunately a great time was had by all, and I was able to salvage my hair....
For some reason, I have been really internet paranoid again, so I haven't been too active posting pictures here... but I have been religiously on Instragram... There the world can see how much food I've been eating and how many selfies I've been taking. Comment with your handle if you are on Instagram & I will definitely follow you.
August is Houston Restaurant Weeks, where all the fancy restaurants in town offer three/four course meals for discounted rates and donate proceeds to the Houston Food Bank. I went to Oceanaire, and will be going to Brennar's On the Bayou tomorrow evening. I am sooooo excited, because I have always wanted to try that restaurant out.
Aside from the eating, and melting in the sun my August has been pretty low key. I crossed a few more items off my summer to do list & even got tickets to a concert next Sunday night which I am also excited about.
Oh, August..... I have a lot of things left to look forward to, now if only the temperatures could drop.....


Your hair looks great in these pictures! The heat does suck for natural hair. I've been doing twists styles.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe we're almost at mid August. So crazy to me.
I'm midnyteblue13 on Instagram. What's your name?
Thanks. I will be so glad to try the twist styles soon!
DeleteTime flies!!! I can't believe how fast its gone either. It'll be Christmas before we know it.
ReplyDeleteI know right! Halloween decor will be in the stores soon.....
Deletetime is flying but i am excited about end of August because it's my son's one year bday! i love when it's restaurant week...so much to savor!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he is already turning one! It seems like only yesterday you announced you were having him. Sigh!!!! I'm sure the party planning is a fun task!!!!
DeleteI kicked my natural hair to the curb last month. I just don't have the interest in dealing anymore. I have a texturizer and my hairlife thanks me kindly.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, Kappas have more than their fair share of good-looking men.
I can't believe we are towards the end of August, that is so sad. I need the summer to stay - I live in Minnesota, the winter is just not as much fun :)
ReplyDelete