Monday, August 26, 2013

A weekend

I just had a weekend, in which I did absolutely nothing & enjoyed every minute of it. Technically, I did nothing because I was still extra sore all week from my fall and needed to rest...but aside from me popping painkillers I felt like I needed a weekend of solitude to recoup and refocus. 

My friend emailed me books 1-3 of the Mortal Instrument series, so I spent my Friday night alternating between reading, napping and channel surfing. 

Pure bliss. 

By Saturday, I woke up refreshed. 

I hit the streets with my mom and sister running errands & we stopped by Red Lobster for a late lunch. After eating and chatting it up with them it was time for another nap, followed by more reading and channel surfing. I ended up finishing book one and started on book two before I fell asleep. 

Sunday morning, I spent the entire day finishing book two and started on the third in the series. In between reading I took time to lust over Justin Timberlake and his amazing performance on the video music awards, and question why Robin Thicke agreed to perform with Miley Cyrus. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Miley but that performance was just, wrong. But I digress. 

I wish there was a little more excitement to my weekend, but alas it was not. No complaints though, I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Now on to finish book three......

8 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the VMAs (I know, what's wrong with me?) I'll catch a rerun I'm sure ... But the clips I've seen. Omg! What was she thinking?! And seriously why did Thicke agree to perform with her? I was disgusted by the little I saw.

    I'll have to check out NYSYNCs performance. I love me some JT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love LOVE Justin Timberlake. Swoon times ten million lol ;-)

      Delete
  2. My weekend was totally uneventful too. But that's okay. I needed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, a restful weekend is essential sometimes!

      Delete
  3. GIRL that Miley Cyrus performance was 0___0 But I love me some Justin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl Miley. Sigh. I'm just mad that now mainstream America thinks she created twerking. LOL! Yikes

      Delete
  4. This is exactly what I plan to do this weekend.. and clean up. But I'm sure I'll be doing more testing than cleaning. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you didn't come to Houston for the SU game! Aside from them losing it was a fun time.

      Delete