This past week was fairly busy for me...
A couple of girlfriends and I started off the week by dining at Brennar's On the Bayou, which is an upscale steakhouse in town for Houston Restaurant Week. I ate entirely too much, and caught a cold. My friend was sick, but she didn't want to miss out on our dinner date. Needless to say, the food was worth me having the sniffles for the remainder of the week, but I digress.....
On Tuesday we celebrated my mom's 61st birthday. She started the morning off proclaiming that 61 was the new 50... I ate too much again. Cake. Cake. Cake.
I can't even remember Wednesday- Friday because I was busy medicating myself, whoops.
But fortunately, by Saturday morning I woke up feeling refreshed & rejuvenated. I met up with the Les Lecteurs book club ladies for brunch and books at Royal Oak, and two pitchers of mimosas later we somewhat discussed the novel Y, and picked a potential book for next month.
After the meeting, I went back to my friends apartment and raided her bookshelf and took home two new books to read. I really need to get a life. Or a boyfriend. Or a dog. I get too much joy out of reading.. I need a healthy distraction from my addiction. But anyhoo....
After the book club meeting, I took the longest nap ever and headed out to a bowling bash for yet another 30th birthday. I swear all of my friends apparently were born in 1983...It's like a non-stop parade of thirties...
I'm terrible at bowling, but I did have fun with my friends!
This morning has been pretty chill, but tonight I am going to see Fantasia perform & I am very excited about that. Details to follow.....



Haha 61 is the new 50, smart mama ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy and fun week. Hope you're back to 100%. I think that being sick in the summer is the worst.
I suck at bowling but I love to bowl.
Have the best time! I would love to see Fantasia. Love her voice.
Fantasia was amazing! And I am sooo bad at bowling but its always a good time with friends :)
DeleteLet your Mama be 50 all over!!
ReplyDeleteI remember those days of carefree living, dinners, reading, naps!!
Enjoy it!
My mama is a mess! I can only hope I have some spunk left in me thirty years from now :)
Deleteyour weekends are always so jammed back...happy bday to your mom. and i love bowling..haven't been in a minute but it's always a great way to spend the day!
ReplyDeleteIt always seems like stuff pops up but I am looking forward to a low key weekend soon.
DeleteAwww.. glad Moms had a great day! And my saying is that you are as old as you feel. Unfortunately, in my case, I feel 34 and I'm 6 years younger. Reading your blog really makes me want to go out and celebrate and have fun. I'll get around to it soon, I hope. Lol!
ReplyDeleteI think reading is a good addiction to have. Don't try to kick the habit. (;
If you feel 34, then I probably feel 44 lol! I have to keep myself busy so I don't feel lonely or bored or call people I shouldn't call smh. You have to make time for yourself to enjoy though, so get to adding it to your calendar ma'am! :)
Delete