Hopefully everyone had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend. I personally, have gotten spoiled these past few days, with watching entirely too much television & eating entirely too much food. My weekend has had a variety of extreme highs and some medium lows...if that even makes sense. Overall it was a peaceful weekend, but I am looking forward to getting back to reality tomorrow.
The Good ~
My family came into town from Louisiana, so I got to see my grandmother and enjoy her company the last couple of days. In addition to having some family in town, I also got a chance to see a lot of my Jaguar family since my alma mater was in town playing the University of Houston.
It was great seeing a lot of old familiar faces from college, meeting Miss Southern & her court, hearing our world famous Human Jukebox marching band, and cheering on our football team... I figured we were not going to win, since it was U of H's season opener/home game....but I didn't anticipate us to get blown out like we did, but it was still a good time.
The Bad- began with the score 60-something to 13. Sigh.
After the game I was too exhausted to go out, so after chatting it up for a few hours I went home and fell asleep.
It seems as if I slept a lot this weekend. Hours upon hours at a time.
In all honesty, I hate Labor Day weekend. Regardless of the number of years that pass by, this weekend is always overshadowed by the fact that 22 years ago, on August 31, 1991 my older brother was murdered. No matter how much time passes, my mind still flashes back to being that little girl in 4th grade who just wanted to go to the mall that day, as my parents painstakingly took on the task of letting us know that he was gone. Definitely not the best way to celebrate the holiday weekend, but that year and every year after it's just something we have all had to live with.
Saturday night, I was in my feelings so I just chilled around the house & watched episodes of a new show I discovered called Ink Master. It comes on Spike TV and it's sort of like a cooking competition, only the tattoo artist have their challenges on real live people who get tattoos. I also discovered the show Melissa & Joey on ABC Family which was also a very cute show.
Sunday, I went shopping with my aunt...was annoyed by all of my local girlfriends & ended up having dinner with my guy friend before again falling into a long deep slumber.
Today I woke up late & watched more TV. I ran errands with my mom & went earring shopping in the Beauty Supply store, which is my favorite place to buy cute, unique & cheap earrings. Not the real, wear everyday kind of earrings, but the wear with a cute outfit once or twice & not worry about my ear falling off because they are fake and I'm only wearing them for a few hours kind of earrings :)
After my beauty supply store adventure, I met up for a late lunch/early dinner with friends at Chuy's, my favorite spot. I had my favorite dish, for the second day in a row...
It randomly started raining by the time we had finished eating, so I headed home & have been planted in the middle of my bed since then.
On a more positive note, since today was a holiday that means this will be a short work week. And that simple fact brings me joy.
Welcome to September!
P.S. the post I wrote a few days ago mysteriously disappeared. I have no clue how or why.... hopefully that isn't a recurring trend. But knowing me I may have accidentally pressed the delete button, I'm not the most tech savvy, but I digress.

So sorry about your brother. I know exactly how it feels when a certain time of the month or a certain holiday reminds you of someone that's no longer with you. For me, it's my mom and Thanksgiving and Christmas, but we try to get through it as best as we can by enjoying the company of each while we're still here.
ReplyDeleteI think every one of my classmates, including those that I work with, were out in Houston. And while I had mustered up the strength to drive out there, I was told about my assignment to a new project so I needed to get a head start on that. I found out the score as soon as I made it to work this morning and just shook my head. But apparently, it was expected considering how "good" U of H is. To me, the only games that count for SU are Homecoming and the Bayou Classics. LOL!
I think I did entirely too much sleeping as well. Eating? I think I'm ok in that area as I feel I could never eat enough. LOL!
I haven't been to Homecoming since 2009, and it was just sooo different. I miss old school SU, back when a Perfect Ten party was something special. I used to come back to Houston just to buy outfits. That's before Forever 21 came to BR. I'm old hahahahahaha well, not that old, but 2000-2004 were the good ole days ;-)
Deleteso sorry about your brother..i cant imagine the pain your family must be feeling
ReplyDeletei am looking forward to reading mor eof your blog :)
thanks :)
DeleteSorry about your brother! Must be such a hard time for you and your family! I love going to college football games!
ReplyDeleteI love college football games too, and high school. I just wish the weather in Texas was cooler so I could actually enjoy being outside :)
Deleteit's hard to forget tough moments like that - glad you were able to spend the weekend doing something you enjoy
ReplyDeletethanks!
DeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It's understandable that Labor Day weekend won't be an enjoyable one for you :( you were so young.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you got a lot of rest which is a good thing.
I've thought I published a few posts here and there but they never did publish. I have thoughts to repost but I haven't done it because I'm lazy, maybe.
I think I may have accidentally deleted it. I downloaded a blogger app on my phone, but I have not quite mastered it yet lol!
Delete