Sunday, September 8, 2013

Random Ramblings.......

I have a new favorite quote of the moment. It comes from the ridiculously adorable player from the Houston Texans, also known as, JJ Watt. I'm not the biggest fan of football, but I definitely love some JJ Watt. But I digress....

"The second I feel like I made it, the second I feel like I've arrived, that's the second someone will take my spot. And I like my spot."

The message I take from it is, stay humble. Even the best can be replaced with even better. Stay steadfast with self-improvement. Getting better is allowed. Don't stop perfecting your craft, just because you think you have made it.

Aside from the deep thoughts on a Sunday night, my weekend has been pretty chill. I went out Friday night for happy hour, followed by dessert at The Chocolate Bar. No photograph could do the delights I experienced justice. I've passed that place hundreds of times, but never went inside. Let's just say that after devouring two scoops of the BEST rocky road ice cream & taking literally two bites out of the biggest slice of chocolate cake I have ever seen in real life...I was chocolate wasted. The three glasses of champagne I had at happy hour probably aided in my wasted feeling, but I am blaming it on the chocolate.

I slept in on Saturday, ran some errands and went for a much needed pedicure. After that, I napped for an unknown amount of hours. I realized I had been sleep for hours, upon hours and had neglected dinner. I peeled myself off the bed, and went to eat. Then reinserted myself between the sheets and watched television until I fell back asleep. Oh the excitement.

I woke up early today in order to visit a new church and see my friend make her choir debut. After church, I resumed my position on the bed and napped some more. I'm guessing I was exhausted since the majority of my weekend involved me being asleep...... Ah well.

Realizations: I really need to reevaluate the relationships in my life, to wit friendships. Regular is not always bad. Everything does not have to be some big production to be enjoyable. I am fine with just relaxing. You do not have to share every intricate detail of your life with everyone in your life. Sometimes less is more. Patience is a virtue....that one I already knew, just need to keep reminding myself of it. Value your family & the little things. Quality over quantity.

I finally stopped being cheap and bought myself a tablet. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. So far, it has given me the same joy I thought I would have gotten from an iPad. I ordered a case/screen protector off of Amazon since the ones in Best Buy were so freaking expensive. I'm hoping my purchase arrives soon because I won't be able to fully enjoy my purchase until my screen is protected. Speaking of Apple products, I want to upgrade from my iPhone 4S to a 5. I also hate Sprint, so if and when I upgrade I am considering switching to Verizon. The only downside to the upgrade is I would need a new case, and I love mine. Whine, whine, whine. First world problem, whine.

I'm hoping this week will be painless. Court in the morning, and a lot of running around & to do's to get accomplished. On an unrelated note, I cannot wait for the Fall temperatures to finally kick in.

That is all.










6 comments:

  1. I'm probably going to give in a purchase a Samsung tablet. I have an Asus Transformer but accessories and compatibility are proving to be an inconvenience. I'm leaning towards the note and definitely something smaller than 10".

    I slept a lot this weekend too.. and I don't regret it one bit. I may just do the same thing this weekend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually looked at the note and they were nice too! Girl it felt so good to rest lol!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love what he said! He is so right.

    Yum! I so want to be chocolate wasted too!

    Haha, I'm seriously jealous of all the rest you got!

    I have a 4s too but I have not gotten the itch to get the 5 because I haven't heard of any changes that make it worth it to me. Or I could just be cheap ;)

    Tomorrow is 93 degrees! So annoying. Fall needs to get here and quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anything major changed except maybe a different camera? I'm cheap too don't really want a new phone, but I do want new service because I have so many issues with Sprint :( LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate though!

      Delete
  3. love that quote! and we can't let anybody take our spot right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ Watts is pretty awesome and the quote is soo on. i love my iphone 5 and hopefully you do too..they have some cute cases for the iphone!!

    ReplyDelete