So first off, this past week was trash. I'll spare myself from memorializing the details in writing, but long story short. Pure
Moving along.
By the time Friday rolled around, it was decided that I definitely needed to get out. I went to one spot, and it was horrible. But, they had happy hour until 9 pm. After we couldn't stand it any longer, we went to get food and ran into my cousins at the bar. More drinks. I
Needless to say, I did not want to wake up Saturday morning, nor did I want to do anything that involved a bra or real clothes. Welp, that didn't happen. One of my friends insisted on going out since the National Black MBA convention was in town, and she was convinced that her husband was magically in town for the weekend and waiting for her at a day party. Ummm. Yeah. He wasn't there. Nor was he at the next spot we went to. He also was not at our final destination for the evening. When I left the house Saturday morning, I was having the best hair day ever. Which, in this humidity has been difficult, with my hair being natural & me opting to wear my hair straight.
Let's just say that by the time we made it to our final stop, it was ridiculously packed and ignorantly humid inside. I could feel my hair melting, then inflating. I was beyond ready to go the entire night. The crowd was pompous and annoying. I cannot deal with this new breed of urbanite hipsters. I. Can. Not. It was at that moment I decided that I need to take a major break from going out. If the motive is to look for men, and not just have a good time then I have to respectfully bow out. I really think that is the worst way to meet guys. I'm not a fan of thirst. Not the haven't drank enough water type of thirst, but the look at me look at me attention hungry state people display when they are trying to get "chosen" by someone. It borders on the realm of desperation to find someone, and usually ends in finding someone for the night, or just looking cheap. Fortunately all the married & coupled up folks don't have to deal with this, and I hate that I have to deal with it.....but apparently this is the new normal for young professionals. At least here. Needless to say, I enjoyed laughing with my girls but I did not enjoy people touching all over us every five minutes and being in the crowd watching the Mayweather fight.
I really feel like I lost hours of my life yesterday, so I am spending my Sunday recovering... I'm praying for a better week. Grace & favor are definitely needed. Also a major blessing or two.....



If you wouldn't have said you're natural, I would have never known, your hair is def well taken care of. Its funny you say that about married couples not having that issue (of wanting to be chose), you would think that was the case, but I hang out with married women all that time and honey it trips me out because some of them are still "Thirsty" lol, I guess they need to know they still have it or something, I don't know, but I'm def taking a backseat from going out for a little while, it gets to be draining at times.
ReplyDeleteYep, au natural lol. I usually get my hair pressed or flat ironed. I was natural up until I was 19 and then got a relaxer because I didn't have anyone to press my hair in college. I went back to the natural though once I could afford to keep it up at the salon.
DeleteLOL, that's funny about the married women's thirst :)