Monday, November 4, 2013

The Weekend-- Part Deuce

I woke up super early Sunday morning. 5'o clock in the morning to be exact. Yeah, I forgot to set my clock back. Whoopsie. 

Since I was up so early, I decided to make it for 7:15 service at my church and I am glad I did. Not only was the message good, but the entire congregation sang happy birthday to everyone born in November. It was the perfect start to my day. 

Since I went to the early service, I was home in time to listen to my friends mom, who is a pastor in Arkansas on her radio program deliver her sermon. Last week she started a series entitled "Know Your Purpose" wherein she preached on being who God created you to be. She even researched the meanings of a few names to illustrate how even the name The Lord put in your parents mind shed light into your purpose and who you're destined to be. Well I of course made the special request to know the meaning of my name and she talked about it on her radio show yesterday. Apparently my name means: royalty, leader, supreme and of a ruling family. I took that to mean that The Lord does not want me to walk around holding my head down in shame because I don't have everything I think I need right now, I'm a leader and should focus on doing great things. Her message was super encouraging and I definitely recommend listening to her broadcast if you are able to stream radio stations through an app or online. 

After her radio program I took a glorious nap and prepared to go to a ball. Of course, I am royalty after all. -insert sarcasm here, lol

But seriously... I went to a debutante ball.  Way back in a land far far away and long ago, I was introduced into society as a debutante. It was literally 15 years ago, that I was bowing and Grand Waltzing with my daddy at the ball. They invited some past debutantes to come to welcome this years new class into society and I was one of the debutantes who came back. 

I posed for pictures, and was escorted in as my bio was read to the attendees. I felt like a big deal for a nanosecond. It's just so hard to believe that I was once where these girls were last night, and how everyone was so proud of the accomplishments I have made so far. Very humbling experience. I was truly grateful. 

The girls were beautiful in their white dresses and the food was delicious as well. 









I have to search through my moms old photos to find some pictures of my daddy and I. 

Overall a pretty awesome long extended weekend for me. I'm glad I got the opportunity to put a lot of things into perspective and I am looking forward to the remainder of my birthday week being just as fulfilling.

:)

9 comments:

  1. I've been on a whole 'finding my purpose' quest for awhile now. Maybe actually a year now. So I understand how you feel a bit.
    I was in a cotillion back in the day and those events are pretty awesome to be apart of. I don't know why but I will always love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your quest! Cotillion was a lot of fun. I'm so glad I got to participate as well!

      Delete
  2. Purpose is so elusive. I'm almost 35 and not sure if I've figured it out yet!

    I love debutante balls. I didn't participate but Addison will definitely be introduced to society in such a manner. I think that is a great thing for girls to do.

    Glad your weekend was well. Happy Birthday friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely should! It's a wonderful experience and I think it's a experience that needs to be more prevalent amongst "us" forreal foreal!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love inspirational messages that seem be tailored just for me. Knowing your purpose and acting in it greats a wonder peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a reason you forgot to set you clock back. You needed to be able to go to service and listen to the sermon. I'm certain of it :). You just needed a reminder of the fact that He has a plan and purpose for you. It feels good to know that.

    That is such an amazing experience! To be introduced as a debutante. I hope you find the pictures with you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! I'm going to take the time to find those pics tonight lol

      Delete
  5. ever since i saw something new...i have wanted to go to a debutante ball...it seems so classy!! i am constantly searching for my purpose in God's eyes...i feel like some people know early on and for some it comes later. all in God's timing of course!!!

    ReplyDelete