I saw twinkling lights as I drove home from Benihana tonight, and no it wasn't from the punch bowl that my friend and I split...nor was it from the mojito I had with dinner. The entire street was lined with Christmas decorations! Is it safe to assume that the world is skipping Thanksgiving, and looking forward to Christmas?
After work, I treated my buddy to dinner and drinks at Benihana for her birthday. She never celebrates, and every year I always attempt to encourage her to do something and she declines... Well this year I took matters into my own hands and made sure there was some sort of acknowledgment of her day!
Fortunately she enjoyed being treated, and even enjoyed the birthday song and free dessert we received.... I love Benihana!
Thanksgiving is exactly one week from today... And as the weekend approaches,
I can't help but begin to think of all the things I am thankful for....
T'is almost the season!







It is so true ... this year it seems like everyone is skipping right over Thanksgiving and heading straight into Christmas. Last year, I did not see many people take out their Christmas decor and start to decorate until after Thanksgiving but this year so many more are not waiting.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how quickly this year flew. Thanksgiving being in just a few days blows my mind but I love this time of year.
You're a great friend! The food and drinks look good!
The fact that its almost 2014 literally blows my mind. Enjoy your holiday!!!!!!
DeleteI love thanksgiving, and I absolutely love Benihana. Its one of my favorite restaurants. Something about that sauce :)
ReplyDeleteThat sauce is the bomb! Love it too!!!
DeleteIt really irritates me when Christmas decorations are up before Thanksgiving. I know everybody wasn't brought up like me but you have to be thankful before you can receive or gift someone else. Anyhew, Benihana is one of my fav restaurants!
ReplyDeleteI saw lights up, weeks ago and promptly gave them the side eye lol
Delete