Thankfully I am off work for the remainder of the week, and can indulge in some after Christmas holiday sales and discounts.
I had a wonderful Christmas Eve, and Christmas day spending time with my family and delighting in the gifts that Santa Clause left me behind :)
On Christmas Eve, I spent the day resting and reading. Then that evening I went to pick up my girlfriend from the airport. She flew in from Atlanta for the holidays, and I wanted to make sure we got to spend some time together before she got busy with her family so I volunteered to pick her up. We stopped by Ambrosia for tapas and dinner & to giggle and catch up before I dropped her off at her parents house.
That night, I did the unthinkable.... I started watching Season One of Scandal on Netflix...It was around 3 am when I finished the entire season. The verdict is still out on whether I will become an obsessed fan or not. Hopefully season two will make me a gladiator. Outside of her cute outfits and flair~ I still wasn't sold. It's a decent show so far though. But I digress.
I woke up at the crack of dawn to an army of Merry Christmas text messages. We usually go to Louisiana for Christmas, but we stayed in Texas this year and everyone gathered at my parents house for lunch and present opening...
This year I surprised my parents with tablets for Christmas. Mind you, my daddy is 80 years old and never in his life before had anything remotely close to that much technology. He was like a little kid getting their first bike, and absolutely fell in love with it & already sent his first email and is thinking of making a Facebook account. I fear I have created a monster, but I'm so happy I was able to do that for them this year.
My mom, sister, aunt, cousins and I spent the majority of the day eating entirely too much, gossiping and just enjoying each others company. It was an extremely pleasant day & I enjoyed every minute of our time together.
I truly enjoy peaceful moments with the ones I love most, and Christmas was a good time indeed. It really is the little things that are most often over-looked that mean the most....
My celebration with the family was way more low-key that the holiday celebration my friends and I had last weekend... I'm still recovering from it & having to remind myself that I am no longer 22 years old....
There are only five days left in 2013, and I plan to spend my remaining time this year in preparation and prayer for 2014. I still haven't made plans for New Year's Eve, but I do plan to spend some of my time off thinking of goals and promises for the upcoming year. I hope everyone is having a safe and blessed holiday with the ones they love the most....
Looks like you had a lovely Christmas! It really is about the company you keep and just being with family and friends! Cheers to a great New Year! I know if you keep a positive outlook, all things will turn out for your good :)
ReplyDeleteYes indeed! Im definitely trying to stay positive the entirety of 2014!!! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas as well!!!!
DeleteIt's so great to have the week of Christmas off! I am so enjoying my time off as well. I thought today was Saturday and I was so happy to find it was Friday. Good food, friends and family is what it's all about. You have to let us know when you like your Dad's first status update!! LOL
ReplyDeleteLol he was so excited to send emails! Ugh I'm so spoiled being off its going to be a struggle returning to the real world.
Deletefun photos!! enjoy your time off and the rest of 2013!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks. You too!!!!!!
DeleteOK, you MUST promise me that you'll watch Season 2 of Scandal. I think you'll like it better after you see season 2.
ReplyDeleteI love that you did that for your parents! SO sweet! I fear that you have created a monster too. I still have not friended my dad on Facebook because I feel like he shouldn't be on it, lol.
Glad that you had a great Christmas!!!
I am enjoying season two moreso than one. I am only through a few episodes so we shall see lol. Girl a complete monster has been created. I am excited to be able to do something for them though. Christmas was really good :)
Delete