Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Accountability

This year has been a series of ups and downs, much like any other but different in that I have learned a valuable lesson in it all. 

Accountability. I am accountable for my own happiness. No situation, nor circumstance defines me. No person, nor friend, determines my outlook on life. It is up to me to decide whether I will face each day with a smile or if I will wave my white flag in surrender to whatever challenge I encounter. 

Looking back at 2013, I see that I spent a lot of time worrying and feeling as if my progress was not enough compared to what others were doing. I neglected the accomplishments and progress I had made. I let fear hold me back from taking risks and moving forward. I allowed self-doubt to stop me from trying. 

I will not be a slave to negative thinking. 
I will not convince myself that I am not good enough. That is not my truth. That is not the person God created me to be and I must live accordingly. 

In the new year I am determined to move forward. I will live life to the fullest no matter what comes my way. God equipped me fully to take on any challenge. My faith in Him needs to strengthen. I will trust in him fully. 

I want to courageously hold myself accountable for my own happiness. I will. 

The new year is full of promise and that is something I do not want to lose sight of as the weeks and months progress. I have faith in myself, and I will do my best to not lose focus of the things that are truly important in life. Serving The Lord, my family, my friends and doing my part to leave a legacy for myself that 50 years from now I will be proud to look back upon. 

The theme for my 2014 is accountability. No resolutions, just faith and accountability. 








8 comments:

  1. Great post! And you can do it! Remember its not what you go through, but how you go through! Honestly changing my mindset and keeping a positive attitude has helped me tremendously in the past year! I can't wait to read about your growth in this area :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your words of encouragement!!!!

      Delete
  2. Being accountable is a great start to success! Jesus wants us to be ARMed: Accountable, Responsible and also Manage the things He gives us! That allows us to live an abundant life and start viewing things a lot differently- because it makes us look at ourselves first and honor Him. Thats truly a blessing and I pray for a abundant and prosperous year for you! :)

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen about being our own vehicle to happiness and abolishing negativity...God knows it stifiles our growth over time!' Here's to a wonderful 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! I'll be following suit!

    Happy New Year! It's going to be a great one for you! Cheers to 2014!

    ReplyDelete