Forever Evolving............ Constantly changing. Creating, learning. Better, Everyday.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
SSSSSS-U!!!!!
This weekend my alma mater traveled to Houston to play in the SWAC Championship game against Jackson State University. It had been ten long years since we played in and won a championship game & it made it even better that the game was played in my city! The temperature decided to drop below 40, which is Artic for us, so we didn't get much outside time to tailgate and enjoy the festivities aside from the game...but, WE WON and that is all that matters!
It felt so good to see classmates, and be surrounded by thousands of alumni of my alma mater! Next December, it will have been 10 years since I walked across that stage at Southern University and obtained my degree. I made so many memories in undergrad and learned so many valuable lessons about life. I fell in love my first time on the yard, experienced my first heartbreak~ learned all about friendships & hard work, trust, struggle and achievement. I can't say I loved every moment...standing in line for hours to register... not having cable or internet (sounds like first world problems now, but it was a big deal back then, lol) and having to walk miles from my dorm room in the front of campus allllllllllllllll the way to the back of campus for classes...
Some of my best times in life were in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I went to Southern before the days of selective admission...one of the few universities that had open enrollment, so EVERYONE could have the opportunity to enroll into college... which also led to an interesting cast of characters on campus including a large variety of local celebrities and rappers.... INDEED it was an ADVENTURE! These days my alma mater has completely transformed itself, making improvements on campus with the buildings, housing and coming up to speed technology wise.
I am definitely a Proud Alumni of the Southern University and A&M College!!!! Congratulations and Geaux Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This brought me back a few years! Undergrad was a great experience ... the amount of things I learned has def. shaped me into the person I am.
ReplyDeleteGlad your school got a win! Must have been awesome to be there and experience it all. Love your gear and you look so pretty in all the pictures!
thanks! it was so great having so many alumni here!
DeleteOne of the reasons I wish I had gone to school here...so much fun! Looks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteentirely too much fun ;)
DeleteLove these photos!! Proud SU ALUM :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way, I experienced so many firsts on the yard and it was such a crazy ride, but I'd never trade it.
www.futurelawyergirl.com