We all were blessed to see the beginning of another year. Thank God for that. I feel refreshed after my break from work, and ready to face the year with a positive outlook on life.
I decided not to go out for New Year's Eve, and went to the 7pm service at my church. The sermon was right on time, and I spent the remainder of my 2013 in prayer before I fell asleep (well before midnight, whoops) to the sounds of fireworks outside my window.
I woke up early on New Year's Day, and spent the majority of my morning working on a vision board. This was my first time making one, and I wanted it to become a fixture in my space so I prettied it up & put it in a frame.
I forgot how hard cutting and pasting was...but I digress.
I appreciate having a visual reminder of the things I want in my life.... The remainder of my New Year's Day was spent looking at apartments & later shoe shopping... Then I began preparations to return to the real world....
Fortunately, I didn't return to too many unanswered emails & voice mail. Things were calm on the work front. Thank goodness....
I feel really positive about the next few weeks & months. A lot of exciting plans in the making, and as my pastor said in church New Year's Eve, "We are all to imagine a life beyond human perception" because The Lord wants us to dream big, and ask for things beyond the normal. He is able to do miraculous things in our lives, and it only takes us to have faith.
"Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession." Psalm 2:8
In the midst of my New Year's reflecting, I did find the time to squeeze in a few social outings with my friends.
Cheers to 2014....
--Meanwhile, I am completely in love with my Thug 4 Life t-shirt. It has Tupac on it, and when I saw it I swooned.... Yes that's me. A bit oxymoron-ish, but Thug for Life. Indeed.
Love your vision board! What a fun art project. Glad you have some positive things you are looking forward to. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of a vision board! What a great thing to do welcoming the new year.
ReplyDeleteLove that scripture and this post.
Haha, and that top ... give it to me!
Lol! I forget you love Tupac as well lol! I saw that shirt and screamed in the middle of the store :)
Deletefun fun, I went to church too :)
ReplyDeletewishing you a happy 2014!
Thanks! And good luck with school!
DeleteHappy 2014! Love the scripture and the vision board, this is something God wants me and my sisters to do as well!! So great!
ReplyDelete